Mitt Romney revealed last week that he “never paid less than 13% in taxes” over the past 10 years. This revelation is in response to the dubious claims that he paid zero in taxes… and I’m not even sure which is worse.
Still, the 13% claim was seized upon by the Democrats as proof (proof I tell you!) that Mr. Romney is doing something nefarious. I mean, he pays less than you, therefore he must be a what? Criminal? Notice how there is no evidence, allegations, pending charges or anything of substance that Mr. Romney has violated the law, cheated the tax code, or doing anything other pay the amount required by Federal and State statutes. And for that he’s labeled a tax cheat?
Don’t bother challenging the Left with facts or asking simple questions like; “then why hasn’t the IRS thrown him in jail?”, “what should the Capital Gains tax rate be?”, or better yet, “shouldn’t you be mad at Congress for passing the existing tax code, not at Mitt for following it?” They are blinded by their own ideology to the very notion that somebody can pay a lower marginal tax rate than you… and still be qualified to be President.
The fact he paid $3 million to the IRS last year is irrelevant since apparently he has too much by their standards and should volunteer to fork over more.
President Obama paid an effective tax rate of about 20% last year on an income of nearly $800,000 (and his secretary paid a higher rate… gasp!)
Where is the outrage? Both 20% and 13% are less than the “average person” pays on their income, so is the Left only arguing about the 7% difference? A top marginal tax rate of 20%? I’ll support that!
Which leads me to believe that this is the Left’s “Birther” moment.
Facts, common sense, and a myriad of officials, lawyers and Government agencies be damned, we KNOW what’s right and they don’t! Tax returns, birth certificates… what’s the difference? The extreme’s on both sides take a non-issue and attempt to exploit it for political gain.
Granted, that’s nothing new, but I just want them to know there are plenty of us that see them for exactly what they are, crazy birds of a different feather.
And the final question is a fair one to ask, for either side, “and to what end”?
- The 5 worst things you could do for your roof
- 6 coolest things brewing in Arizona
- The virus that keeps head and neck cancers on the rise
- State Fair ‘Kid Reporter’ has all the angles covered
- 4 important things to know about timeshare maintenance fees
- Signs of delayed car crash injuries
- The truth about sports concussions
- The Alzheimer's epidemic: Facts you need to know
- The season is here, keep your Fantasy Football team strong all season
- 8 TV shows you can't miss this fall
- Football is here: 6 tips to make this your best season ever
- Gameday recipes and beers to match
- 6 reasons the Cardinals are driven to win the Super Bowl
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.