The Republican controlled House recently voted again to kill Obama Care. That makes 41 attempts to scuttle the health care law.
After the most recent vote, I had a vague recollection that the Republicans had promised to come up with a better plan. I was right. Just 16 days into the current session of Congress, on January 19, 2012, the House voted for the first time to ditch Obama Care. The next day, they passed House Resolution 9 instructing committees “to develop legislation replacing the job-killing health care law.”
After 20 months of what I’m sure was very challenging and difficult work on a very complicated subject, the Republicans have come up with…zip. Nada. Nothing.
The official website of the House Republican majority says, “Committees are currently doing their work to hold hearings and examine solutions to lower costs, increase access to quality care, and strengthen the doctor-patient relationship.” No they aren’t and I’ll bet they never were.
The Republican House majority was never serious about offering an alternative to Obama Care and has been happy for the past 20 months to just sit in the stands, criticize and obstruct. I think it’s time to clean house and get some people in there who are serious about facing and solving the real problems we have in this country. If they aren’t ready to put up, then they should shut up and voters should send them home.
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Water tips to save money, help save the Earth
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon
- What you need to know about Alzheimer's disease in Arizona
- Spring clean your windows like a pro with these 8 tips
- 7 films that should have won best-picture Oscars
- New plumbing technology saves money and improves your home
- Survey shows Arizona CFOs optimistic about 2016
- How chronic pain can affect your love life
- 5 potential warning signs about your child's development