Sometimes a good viral campaign can go a long way.
In the case of actor-rapper Donald Glover, it went almost all the way.
Four years ago, fans of the star from the NBC sitcom “Community” took to Twitter with the hashtag #Donald4SpiderMan — with the goal of drumming up enough appeal that the California native would be cast in the role that eventually went to Andrew Garfield.
But as it turns out, Glover (aka Childish Gambino) does have a future in the Spider-Man series.
According to HuffingtonPost.com, Glover will voice the Miles Morales character for an upcoming episode in the Disney XD cartoon series, “Ultimate Spider-Man: Web Warriors.”
“It’s certainly long overdue,” creator Brian Michael Bendis said of the character back in 2011. “Even though there’s some amazing African-American and minority characters bouncing around in all the superhero universes, it’s still crazy lopsided.”
Below is a clip from the episode, which isn’t expected to air until 2015.
- See how top CFOs feel about economic growth in the Valley
- Migraine myths that keep patients from effective treatments
- Here’s why Gaydos went tankless with his water heater
- 12 things to watch before the Oscars
- Bocce ball and basketball: How you can help Arizona's Special Olympics athletes
- Tips on building the best wine room in Arizona
- Avoid the nightmare: 6 tips to choose a great contractor
- Breast cancer: Improved testing and treatments means more survivors
- Best and worst of Super Bowl commercials
- Failed back surgery: New hope for patients living in pain
- Ticking time bombs: Telltale signs your water heater is about to explode
- Reading glasses could be a thing of the past
- 6 cool ways teachers are using technology in the classroom
- Emerging tech jobs in Phoenix and how to get one in 2017
- 4 top treatments athletes use for pain
- Emergency! What to do when bathrooms flood
- Operation Santa Claus needs holiday help
- This college bowl season is likely to be epic
- Arizona kids in crisis: How you can help
- 11 holiday classics for the ultimate movie marathon
- New treatment offers hope for migraine sufferers
- 11 stadiums to watch your favorite football team
- Shopping for a TV? Best models for 2016
- The new beer pairing guide for holiday foods
- Avoid this holiday plumbing disaster in your home
- 7 tips to avoid holiday weight gain
- New treatments mean better prostate cancer survival rates
- 5 of the scariest things found in drains
- 6 tips to create the best family movie night
- New bone marrow procedure holds promise for healing pain