Sometimes a good viral campaign can go a long way.
In the case of actor-rapper Donald Glover, it went almost all the way.
Four years ago, fans of the star from the NBC sitcom “Community” took to Twitter with the hashtag #Donald4SpiderMan — with the goal of drumming up enough appeal that the California native would be cast in the role that eventually went to Andrew Garfield.
But as it turns out, Glover (aka Childish Gambino) does have a future in the Spider-Man series.
According to HuffingtonPost.com, Glover will voice the Miles Morales character for an upcoming episode in the Disney XD cartoon series, “Ultimate Spider-Man: Web Warriors.”
“It’s certainly long overdue,” creator Brian Michael Bendis said of the character back in 2011. “Even though there’s some amazing African-American and minority characters bouncing around in all the superhero universes, it’s still crazy lopsided.”
Below is a clip from the episode, which isn’t expected to air until 2015.
- 6 coolest things brewing in Arizona
- The virus that keeps head and neck cancers on the rise
- State Fair ‘Kid Reporter’ has all the angles covered
- 4 important things to know about timeshare maintenance fees
- Signs of delayed car crash injuries
- The truth about sports concussions
- The Alzheimer's epidemic: Facts you need to know
- The season is here, keep your Fantasy Football team strong all season
- 8 TV shows you can't miss this fall
- Football is here: 6 tips to make this your best season ever
- Gameday recipes and beers to match
- 6 reasons the Cardinals are driven to win the Super Bowl
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths