Sometimes a good viral campaign can go a long way.
In the case of actor-rapper Donald Glover, it went almost all the way.
Four years ago, fans of the star from the NBC sitcom “Community” took to Twitter with the hashtag #Donald4SpiderMan — with the goal of drumming up enough appeal that the California native would be cast in the role that eventually went to Andrew Garfield.
But as it turns out, Glover (aka Childish Gambino) does have a future in the Spider-Man series.
According to HuffingtonPost.com, Glover will voice the Miles Morales character for an upcoming episode in the Disney XD cartoon series, “Ultimate Spider-Man: Web Warriors.”
“It’s certainly long overdue,” creator Brian Michael Bendis said of the character back in 2011. “Even though there’s some amazing African-American and minority characters bouncing around in all the superhero universes, it’s still crazy lopsided.”
Below is a clip from the episode, which isn’t expected to air until 2015.
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon