A 7-year-old boy is battling leukemia for the third time, but his reaction to some good news this week should turn any frown upside down.
A YouTube video published Wednesday to the Nebraska Cornhuskers’ account shows Avery Harriman’s big reaction to being told he could leave the hospital and head home.
Avery screams excitedly, raises his fists skyward and does a little jig before hugging just about everybody in the room.
BuzzFeed says Avery is the son of Nebraska assistant basketball coach Chris Harriman. The leukemia-striken boy had undergone intense chemotherapy for 23 days.
Unfortunately, CBS Sports reports the good news will only last so long, as Avery is scheduled to return to the hospital next week for a bone marrow biopsy.
If the cancer is gone, Avery will have another bone-marrow transplant. If not, it’s another round of chemotherapy. In other words, the Harrimans are now basically reduced to dealing with a bad situation or a really bad situation. Like Chris said, there’s no way to sugarcoat it.
Avery was first diagnosed with cancer at the age of 2. BuzzFeed says the boy’s family has launched a bone marrow donation awareness initiative and continually post updates via social media of Avery’s progress.
Keep up the fight, Avery!
- New bone marrow procedure holds promise for healing pain
- The best places to celebrate Fall in Phoenix
- Infamous athletes who did the most time for their crimes
- 2016 baseball highlights, bloopers and blunders
- See how CFOs really feel about business in the Valley
- The best television shows on the internet
- A preseason guide to avoid holiday weight gain
- The 5 worst things you could do for your roof
- 6 coolest things brewing in Arizona
- The virus that keeps head and neck cancers on the rise
- State Fair ‘Kid Reporter’ has all the angles covered
- 4 important things to know about timeshare maintenance fees
- Signs of delayed car crash injuries
- The truth about sports concussions
- The Alzheimer's epidemic: Facts you need to know
- The season is here, keep your Fantasy Football team strong all season
- 8 TV shows you can't miss this fall
- Football is here: 6 tips to make this your best season ever
- Gameday recipes and beers to match
- 6 reasons the Cardinals are driven to win the Super Bowl
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck