Miss seeing Zack Morris with his brick phone on your TV set?
Lifetime is reviving the former small screen hit “Saved by the Bell,” only this time as a behind-the-scenes movie.
The Huffington Post says the new made-for-TV film is partially based on Dustin “Screech” Diamond’s controversial book “Behind the Bell.” The actors have all been re-cast, playing the real-life versions of the young stars that helmed the sitcom that ran from 1989 to 1993 — not counting all the TV movies and college-based spinoff that followed.
It remains to be seen if any of the original stars will make a cameo in the behind-the-scenes film.
“The Unauthorized Saved by the Bell Story” will debut Monday, Sept. 1 on the Lifetime channel. Take a trip back to the ’90s in the trailer below.
- See how top CFOs feel about economic growth in the Valley
- Migraine myths that keep patients from effective treatments
- Here’s why Gaydos went tankless with his water heater
- 12 things to watch before the Oscars
- Bocce ball and basketball: How you can help Arizona's Special Olympics athletes
- Tips on building the best wine room in Arizona
- Avoid the nightmare: 6 tips to choose a great contractor
- Breast cancer: Improved testing and treatments means more survivors
- Best and worst of Super Bowl commercials
- Failed back surgery: New hope for patients living in pain
- Ticking time bombs: Telltale signs your water heater is about to explode
- Reading glasses could be a thing of the past
- 6 cool ways teachers are using technology in the classroom
- Emerging tech jobs in Phoenix and how to get one in 2017
- 4 top treatments athletes use for pain
- Emergency! What to do when bathrooms flood
- Operation Santa Claus needs holiday help
- This college bowl season is likely to be epic
- Arizona kids in crisis: How you can help
- 11 holiday classics for the ultimate movie marathon
- New treatment offers hope for migraine sufferers
- 11 stadiums to watch your favorite football team
- Shopping for a TV? Best models for 2016
- The new beer pairing guide for holiday foods
- Avoid this holiday plumbing disaster in your home
- 7 tips to avoid holiday weight gain
- New treatments mean better prostate cancer survival rates
- 5 of the scariest things found in drains
- 6 tips to create the best family movie night
- New bone marrow procedure holds promise for healing pain