Read that headline again. Think about it. Really think about it. Then proceed to read this post.
According to BuzzFeed, a photo of director Steven Spielberg posing with a triceratops prop from “Jurassic Park” is going viral for all the wrong reasons.
The photo was originally posted to Facebook by Jay Branscomb with this sarcastic caption:
Disgraceful photo of recreational hunter happily posing next to a Triceratops he just slaughtered. Please share so the world can name and shame this despicable man.
Now, before we proceed further, keep this in mind: Triceratops went extinct about 68 million years ago. There is no way Spielberg shot and killed the animal. It was clearly satirical and meant to play off the news of a cheerleader killing big game in Africa.
Understand? Good. Because a LOT of people online didn’t. When they saw the photo, they reacted with outrage. I can’t post most of the comments here (let’s just say they’re not too polite) but here’s a sampling:
Steven Spielberg, I’m disappointed in you. I’m not watching any of your movies again ANIMAL KILLER.
Disgraceful. No wonder dinosaurs became extinct. Sickos like this kill every last one of them as soon as they are discovered. He should be in prison.
Plenty of folks are furious that he would take the life of an animal.
That. Died. Out. Sixty-eight. Million. Years. Ago.
Let’s review: Comedian posts a photo in satirical spirit that could never possibly happen. People assume photo is real. People are outraged. Rest of Internet laughs at them.
Enjoy your Friday, world. I’m off to mourn humanity.
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them