Read that headline again. Think about it. Really think about it. Then proceed to read this post.
According to BuzzFeed, a photo of director Steven Spielberg posing with a triceratops prop from “Jurassic Park” is going viral for all the wrong reasons.
The photo was originally posted to Facebook by Jay Branscomb with this sarcastic caption:
Disgraceful photo of recreational hunter happily posing next to a Triceratops he just slaughtered. Please share so the world can name and shame this despicable man.
Now, before we proceed further, keep this in mind: Triceratops went extinct about 68 million years ago. There is no way Spielberg shot and killed the animal. It was clearly satirical and meant to play off the news of a cheerleader killing big game in Africa.
Understand? Good. Because a LOT of people online didn’t. When they saw the photo, they reacted with outrage. I can’t post most of the comments here (let’s just say they’re not too polite) but here’s a sampling:
Steven Spielberg, I’m disappointed in you. I’m not watching any of your movies again ANIMAL KILLER.
Disgraceful. No wonder dinosaurs became extinct. Sickos like this kill every last one of them as soon as they are discovered. He should be in prison.
Plenty of folks are furious that he would take the life of an animal.
That. Died. Out. Sixty-eight. Million. Years. Ago.
Let’s review: Comedian posts a photo in satirical spirit that could never possibly happen. People assume photo is real. People are outraged. Rest of Internet laughs at them.
Enjoy your Friday, world. I’m off to mourn humanity.
- The best places to celebrate Fall in Phoenix
- Infamous athletes who did the most time for their crimes
- 2016 baseball highlights, bloopers and blunders
- See how CFOs really feel about business in the Valley
- The best television shows on the internet
- A preseason guide to avoid holiday weight gain
- The 5 worst things you could do for your roof
- 6 coolest things brewing in Arizona
- The virus that keeps head and neck cancers on the rise
- State Fair ‘Kid Reporter’ has all the angles covered
- 4 important things to know about timeshare maintenance fees
- Signs of delayed car crash injuries
- The truth about sports concussions
- The Alzheimer's epidemic: Facts you need to know
- The season is here, keep your Fantasy Football team strong all season
- 8 TV shows you can't miss this fall
- Football is here: 6 tips to make this your best season ever
- Gameday recipes and beers to match
- 6 reasons the Cardinals are driven to win the Super Bowl
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier