COLOMBUS, Ohio — A man who wanted money to make potato salad has now raised over $57,000 on Kickstarter.
Zach Danger Brown of Columbus, Ohio had the top fundraiser on Kickstarter Monday, according to the Chicago Tribune. The account was started July 3 and made headlines after raising over $57,500 with 24 days left of fundraising.
“I'm making potato salad. Basically, I'm just making potato salad. I haven't decided what kind yet,” Brown said on the Kickstarter page.
After his $10 goal was met and hugely surpassed, Brown made a video and offered several prizes for his backers including a potato salad-themed haiku, a hat, a T-shirt and a recipe book with potato salad recipes from around the world.
“So much is happening so fast and I can't thank you all enough,” Brown wrote on the Kickstarter page. Thank you all so much for the support. Together we can make the world a better place with potato salad!”
In the meantime, the world will wait with bated breath for his first batch of the picnic staple. Because apparently the Internet loves potato salad.
Faith Heaton Jolley is a UVU graduate and currently works at KSL as head writer for ksl.com and runs the Outdoors & Recreation section. Contact her at email@example.com.
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food