COLOMBUS, Ohio — A man who wanted money to make potato salad has now raised over $57,000 on Kickstarter.
Zach Danger Brown of Columbus, Ohio had the top fundraiser on Kickstarter Monday, according to the Chicago Tribune. The account was started July 3 and made headlines after raising over $57,500 with 24 days left of fundraising.
“I'm making potato salad. Basically, I'm just making potato salad. I haven't decided what kind yet,” Brown said on the Kickstarter page.
After his $10 goal was met and hugely surpassed, Brown made a video and offered several prizes for his backers including a potato salad-themed haiku, a hat, a T-shirt and a recipe book with potato salad recipes from around the world.
“So much is happening so fast and I can't thank you all enough,” Brown wrote on the Kickstarter page. Thank you all so much for the support. Together we can make the world a better place with potato salad!”
In the meantime, the world will wait with bated breath for his first batch of the picnic staple. Because apparently the Internet loves potato salad.
Faith Heaton Jolley is a UVU graduate and currently works at KSL as head writer for ksl.com and runs the Outdoors & Recreation section. Contact her at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 6 coolest things brewing in Arizona
- The virus that keeps head and neck cancers on the rise
- State Fair ‘Kid Reporter’ has all the angles covered
- 4 important things to know about timeshare maintenance fees
- Signs of delayed car crash injuries
- The truth about sports concussions
- The Alzheimer's epidemic: Facts you need to know
- The season is here, keep your Fantasy Football team strong all season
- 8 TV shows you can't miss this fall
- Football is here: 6 tips to make this your best season ever
- Gameday recipes and beers to match
- 6 reasons the Cardinals are driven to win the Super Bowl
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths