“Sharknado” debuted on the Syfy channel last summer and became a “so bad it’s good” television affair.
The made-for-TV movie was a hit on social media, but the ratings show it wasn’t a huge hit with viewers.
Nonetheless, Syfy seems to understand the film’s demographic, as the network has released a 20-second teaser trailer for “Sharknado 2: The Second One.” The spot features a quote from Entertainment Weekly that reads, “Bigger … bolder … even more ridiculous.”
Hey, as long as there are no pretensions.
Tara Reid and former “Beverly Hills, 90210” actor Ian Ziering return for the second installment, which will also feature familiar names like Vivica A. Fox, Andy Dick, Kelly Osbourne and Sugar Ray singer Mark McGrath.
If you missed the premise of the first film, it had to do with sharks getting swept up in a series of twisters and being dropped into a coastal city, wrecking havoc on citizens. If the critically acclaimed FX series “Fargo” can get away with something similar, why can’t the Syfy franchise?
Look for more shark-invasion awesomeness as the sequel premieres on Wednesday, July 30.
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon