A plane nearly landed on a sunbather after the pilot flew dangerously low along coast of Germany.
Pilot Juergen Drucker, 52, misjudged the airfield approach and came within inches of landing his Piper PA-28-181 on the sunbathing tourist in Dune, Heligoland, an island in the north coast.
“In my defense I can say that I didn’t see him because he was lying down and I’m just grateful it worked out well and I didn’t land on him,” Drucker told Daily Mail
Sunbather Uwe Kaiser, 38, was seen simply standing up and walking off after what was possibly the scare of his life.
The plane hit a fence afterwards and plunged across part of the beach before making a safe landing.
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food