This past weekend, Shona Carter-Brooks made headlines after she wanted to have her one-month-old daughter be a part of her wedding ceremony, so she attached the baby to the train of her wedding dress and dragged her down the aisle.
This is wrong on so many levels I don’t know where to begin.
Clearly this couple has poor judgment. The bride held her flowers, NOT her baby. What does that say about her priorities?
What’s even more shocking to me is that no one in the wedding party thought this was a bad idea. Her fiancé, her bridesmaids, her parents — what were they thinking? Although the wedding happened about a month ago, it wasn’t until the photo was posted on Facebook that the outrage began and people started questioning her ridiculous decision.
Meantime, the bride addressed the controversy on her Facebook page, assuring people that her baby was properly secured and covered by “the Blood.”
Here’s the full Facebook post from Carter-Brooks defending her decision:
“People questioning what we do, commenting all negative, and just doing the most. We good though we covered by the Blood which never loose its power. So to the media, radio, news, and whomever else wanting to talk about what WE do here you go: Media Media I see how it works regardless the situation or purpose people gone have something negative to say! The answer is we do what we want when we want long as Jesus on our side everything worked out fine and gone continue to be fine. Our 1 month old was awake and well secured on my train. Most important while yall got ya feelings in us we had our hearts in Christ which covers all!! So keep ya mouths running for it was just that Exclusive and Epic enough we made top blog way from small town Ripley, TN and the social media doing what they do, TALK!!!!”
All I have to say is how stupid and vain to literally have your child ride on your coattail.
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy