This past weekend, Shona Carter-Brooks made headlines after she wanted to have her one-month-old daughter be a part of her wedding ceremony, so she attached the baby to the train of her wedding dress and dragged her down the aisle.
This is wrong on so many levels I don’t know where to begin.
Clearly this couple has poor judgment. The bride held her flowers, NOT her baby. What does that say about her priorities?
What’s even more shocking to me is that no one in the wedding party thought this was a bad idea. Her fiancé, her bridesmaids, her parents — what were they thinking? Although the wedding happened about a month ago, it wasn’t until the photo was posted on Facebook that the outrage began and people started questioning her ridiculous decision.
Meantime, the bride addressed the controversy on her Facebook page, assuring people that her baby was properly secured and covered by “the Blood.”
Here’s the full Facebook post from Carter-Brooks defending her decision:
“People questioning what we do, commenting all negative, and just doing the most. We good though we covered by the Blood which never loose its power. So to the media, radio, news, and whomever else wanting to talk about what WE do here you go: Media Media I see how it works regardless the situation or purpose people gone have something negative to say! The answer is we do what we want when we want long as Jesus on our side everything worked out fine and gone continue to be fine. Our 1 month old was awake and well secured on my train. Most important while yall got ya feelings in us we had our hearts in Christ which covers all!! So keep ya mouths running for it was just that Exclusive and Epic enough we made top blog way from small town Ripley, TN and the social media doing what they do, TALK!!!!”
All I have to say is how stupid and vain to literally have your child ride on your coattail.
- 6 tips to create the best family movie night
- New bone marrow procedure holds promise for healing pain
- The best places to celebrate Fall in Phoenix
- Infamous athletes who did the most time for their crimes
- Diet, exercise and aspirin: 3 tools to fight colon cancer
- 2016 baseball highlights, bloopers and blunders
- See how CFOs really feel about business in the Valley
- The best television shows on the internet
- A preseason guide to avoid holiday weight gain
- The 5 worst things you could do for your roof
- 6 coolest things brewing in Arizona
- The virus that keeps head and neck cancers on the rise
- State Fair ‘Kid Reporter’ has all the angles covered
- 4 important things to know about timeshare maintenance fees
- Signs of delayed car crash injuries
- The truth about sports concussions
- The Alzheimer's epidemic: Facts you need to know
- The season is here, keep your Fantasy Football team strong all season
- 8 TV shows you can't miss this fall
- Football is here: 6 tips to make this your best season ever
- Gameday recipes and beers to match
- 6 reasons the Cardinals are driven to win the Super Bowl
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns