Nintendo’s famous Mario character has been brought to life, but it has nothing to do with that terrible mid-1990s move starring Bob Hoskins.
According to USA Today, the latest incarnation of Mario appears in a Mercedes commercial slated to run only in Japan.
The ad shows Mario in his trusty Mercedes SUV driving through original video game before being transported to the real world.
He still looks odd, but it’s better than Hoskins.
The ad is only part of a new partnership between Mercedes and Nintendo.
Japanese versions of the racing game Mario Kart 8 for Nintendo’s Wii U will feature luxury car maker Mercedes.
Polygon reports the 2015 Mercedes GLA will be available as a vehicle option in the form of downloadable content. The vehicle will only be available in Japan only.
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon