Take a look! It’s in a book! “Reading Rainbow”!
Yes, he was Kunta Kinte in “Roots” and Geordi La Forge in “Star Trek: The Next Generation,” but I’d be willing to bet most of my generation got introduced to actor LeVar Burton with the PBS show “Reading Rainbow.”
And now it’s (almost) back!
Burton has created a Kickstarter campaign entitled “Bring ‘Reading Rainbow’ Back,” where he hopes to raise $1 million to create a new “Reading Rainbow” series for the digital age.
The fundraising campaign began Wednesday…and has already raised over $1.2 million, as of this writing.
And there are still more than 30 days to go!
With the money raised, Burton will make “Reading Rainbow” as a web series and make it available to over 1,500 schools nationwide for free.
- 7 common ways to get sued by your employees
- Why it might be time to upgrade your toilet
- Arizona teachers are building a better future by using technology in the classroom
- How to make summer reading fun for the whole family
- How to find relief for chronic joint pain
- Can the NBA Lottery save the Suns?
- Skip Urgent Care: 5 ailments you can treat with telemedicine
- Skin Cancer in Arizona: Stats, facts and new immunotherapy drugs making strides
- Distracted walking injuries end up not so funny
- Scary situations: 5 quick tips before you let a contractor in your home
- Four ways telemedicine is changing the health care industry
- 5 mistakes homeowners make in the spring
- Three rivers run through it: Exploring Arizona's waterways
- Smart home basics: things you need to know to get started
- 5 Surprising things causing back pain
- Arizona agriculture is a $17.1B industry
- Timeline: Arizona's roots in brewing history
- 5 reasons to love the D-backs this season
- Tips for taking your home entertainment experience to the backyard
- Tech-related injuries your parents never experienced
- Workers comp: Signs your co-worker could be a fraud
- Who's the real founder of America's pastime?
- Epidemic rising? What you need to know about Alzheimer's in Arizona
- 5 unforgettable Wooden Award winners
- Family and hard work are keys to success of modern dairy farmers
- Genetic testing could hold answers for colon cancer survival
- Cold beers and baseball: A beer lover's guide to Spring Training
- Telecommuting: 5 tips to make it work for employers and employees
- See how top CFOs feel about economic growth in the Valley
- Migraine myths that keep patients from effective treatments