Take a look! It’s in a book! “Reading Rainbow”!
Yes, he was Kunta Kinte in “Roots” and Geordi La Forge in “Star Trek: The Next Generation,” but I’d be willing to bet most of my generation got introduced to actor LeVar Burton with the PBS show “Reading Rainbow.”
And now it’s (almost) back!
Burton has created a Kickstarter campaign entitled “Bring ‘Reading Rainbow’ Back,” where he hopes to raise $1 million to create a new “Reading Rainbow” series for the digital age.
The fundraising campaign began Wednesday…and has already raised over $1.2 million, as of this writing.
And there are still more than 30 days to go!
With the money raised, Burton will make “Reading Rainbow” as a web series and make it available to over 1,500 schools nationwide for free.
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Water tips to save money, help save the Earth
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon
- What you need to know about Alzheimer's disease in Arizona
- Spring clean your windows like a pro with these 8 tips
- 7 films that should have won best-picture Oscars
- New plumbing technology saves money and improves your home
- Survey shows Arizona CFOs optimistic about 2016
- How chronic pain can affect your love life
- 5 potential warning signs about your child's development