Take a look! It’s in a book! “Reading Rainbow”!
Yes, he was Kunta Kinte in “Roots” and Geordi La Forge in “Star Trek: The Next Generation,” but I’d be willing to bet most of my generation got introduced to actor LeVar Burton with the PBS show “Reading Rainbow.”
And now it’s (almost) back!
Burton has created a Kickstarter campaign entitled “Bring ‘Reading Rainbow’ Back,” where he hopes to raise $1 million to create a new “Reading Rainbow” series for the digital age.
The fundraising campaign began Wednesday…and has already raised over $1.2 million, as of this writing.
And there are still more than 30 days to go!
With the money raised, Burton will make “Reading Rainbow” as a web series and make it available to over 1,500 schools nationwide for free.
- See how top CFOs feel about economic growth in the Valley
- Migraine myths that keep patients from effective treatments
- Here’s why Gaydos went tankless with his water heater
- 12 things to watch before the Oscars
- Bocce ball and basketball: How you can help Arizona's Special Olympics athletes
- Tips on building the best wine room in Arizona
- Avoid the nightmare: 6 tips to choose a great contractor
- Breast cancer: Improved testing and treatments means more survivors
- Best and worst of Super Bowl commercials
- Failed back surgery: New hope for patients living in pain
- Ticking time bombs: Telltale signs your water heater is about to explode
- Reading glasses could be a thing of the past
- 6 cool ways teachers are using technology in the classroom
- Emerging tech jobs in Phoenix and how to get one in 2017
- 4 top treatments athletes use for pain
- Emergency! What to do when bathrooms flood
- Operation Santa Claus needs holiday help
- This college bowl season is likely to be epic
- Arizona kids in crisis: How you can help
- 11 holiday classics for the ultimate movie marathon
- New treatment offers hope for migraine sufferers
- 11 stadiums to watch your favorite football team
- Shopping for a TV? Best models for 2016
- The new beer pairing guide for holiday foods
- Avoid this holiday plumbing disaster in your home
- 7 tips to avoid holiday weight gain
- New treatments mean better prostate cancer survival rates
- 5 of the scariest things found in drains
- 6 tips to create the best family movie night
- New bone marrow procedure holds promise for healing pain