When I first watched the video below, I flashed back to my own wedding and thought, Man, I’m a loser.
Here’s some soccer pro, looking fly, juggling a ball with his feet — and his head and his neck, et al — down the aisle of the church where he’s about to get married.
He’s so cool. I’m so not.
Then it dawned on me: Isn’t it the bride who people await, stand for, gasp and gawk at? She’s the one with the entrance music, the hours and hours of beauty preparation and the bouquet.
Meanwhile, we’ve got this guy — Daniel Cutting, namely — drawing as much attention to himself as possible. At one point, he even encourages the attendees to clap for him by clapping for himself.
And it’s not like he needed this kind of attention from his small, intimate wedding crowd. Cutting hold Guinness World Records for this stuff. He’s a professional freestyle soccer guy.
He even self-titled the video, on his own YouTube page, “Groom’s Amazing Football Skills on Wedding Day – ‘Aisle Freestyle.'”
It seems the ubiquitous lust for viral glory has entered even the purest of contexts.
This guy. What a — oh, I won’t go there. I just hope this “look at me” stuff doesn’t carry into his marriage, because he really dropped the ball here.
Actually, maybe my inferiority just sent overboard with that rant.
I’m such a loser.
- Telecommuting: 5 tips to make it work for employers and employees
- See how top CFOs feel about economic growth in the Valley
- Migraine myths that keep patients from effective treatments
- Here’s why Gaydos went tankless with his water heater
- 12 things to watch before the Oscars
- Bocce ball and basketball: How you can help Arizona's Special Olympics athletes
- Tips on building the best wine room in Arizona
- Avoid the nightmare: 6 tips to choose a great contractor
- Breast cancer: Improved testing and treatments means more survivors
- Best and worst of Super Bowl commercials
- Failed back surgery: New hope for patients living in pain
- Ticking time bombs: Telltale signs your water heater is about to explode
- Reading glasses could be a thing of the past
- 6 cool ways teachers are using technology in the classroom
- Emerging tech jobs in Phoenix and how to get one in 2017
- 4 top treatments athletes use for pain
- Emergency! What to do when bathrooms flood
- Operation Santa Claus needs holiday help
- This college bowl season is likely to be epic
- Arizona kids in crisis: How you can help
- 11 holiday classics for the ultimate movie marathon
- New treatment offers hope for migraine sufferers
- 11 stadiums to watch your favorite football team
- Shopping for a TV? Best models for 2016
- The new beer pairing guide for holiday foods
- Avoid this holiday plumbing disaster in your home
- 7 tips to avoid holiday weight gain
- New treatments mean better prostate cancer survival rates
- 5 of the scariest things found in drains
- 6 tips to create the best family movie night