When I first watched the video below, I flashed back to my own wedding and thought, Man, I’m a loser.
Here’s some soccer pro, looking fly, juggling a ball with his feet — and his head and his neck, et al — down the aisle of the church where he’s about to get married.
He’s so cool. I’m so not.
Then it dawned on me: Isn’t it the bride who people await, stand for, gasp and gawk at? She’s the one with the entrance music, the hours and hours of beauty preparation and the bouquet.
Meanwhile, we’ve got this guy — Daniel Cutting, namely — drawing as much attention to himself as possible. At one point, he even encourages the attendees to clap for him by clapping for himself.
And it’s not like he needed this kind of attention from his small, intimate wedding crowd. Cutting hold Guinness World Records for this stuff. He’s a professional freestyle soccer guy.
He even self-titled the video, on his own YouTube page, “Groom’s Amazing Football Skills on Wedding Day – ‘Aisle Freestyle.'”
It seems the ubiquitous lust for viral glory has entered even the purest of contexts.
This guy. What a — oh, I won’t go there. I just hope this “look at me” stuff doesn’t carry into his marriage, because he really dropped the ball here.
Actually, maybe my inferiority just sent overboard with that rant.
I’m such a loser.
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon