When I first watched the video below, I flashed back to my own wedding and thought, Man, I’m a loser.
Here’s some soccer pro, looking fly, juggling a ball with his feet — and his head and his neck, et al — down the aisle of the church where he’s about to get married.
He’s so cool. I’m so not.
Then it dawned on me: Isn’t it the bride who people await, stand for, gasp and gawk at? She’s the one with the entrance music, the hours and hours of beauty preparation and the bouquet.
Meanwhile, we’ve got this guy — Daniel Cutting, namely — drawing as much attention to himself as possible. At one point, he even encourages the attendees to clap for him by clapping for himself.
And it’s not like he needed this kind of attention from his small, intimate wedding crowd. Cutting hold Guinness World Records for this stuff. He’s a professional freestyle soccer guy.
He even self-titled the video, on his own YouTube page, “Groom’s Amazing Football Skills on Wedding Day – ‘Aisle Freestyle.'”
It seems the ubiquitous lust for viral glory has entered even the purest of contexts.
This guy. What a — oh, I won’t go there. I just hope this “look at me” stuff doesn’t carry into his marriage, because he really dropped the ball here.
Actually, maybe my inferiority just sent overboard with that rant.
I’m such a loser.
- The virus that keeps head and neck cancers on the rise
- State Fair ‘Kid Reporter’ has all the angles covered
- 4 important things to know about timeshare maintenance fees
- Signs of delayed car crash injuries
- The truth about sports concussions
- The Alzheimer's epidemic: Facts you need to know
- The season is here, keep your Fantasy Football team strong all season
- 8 TV shows you can't miss this fall
- Football is here: 6 tips to make this your best season ever
- Gameday recipes and beers to match
- 6 reasons the Cardinals are driven to win the Super Bowl
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas