The career of actress America Ferrera has been somewhat quiet since “Ugly Betty,” in which she was lead character, left the television airwaves in 2010.
This weekend, however, she got back in the spotlight again, but for unfortunate reasons.
As she was on the red carpet at the Cannes Film Festival with her “How to Train Your Dragon 2” co-stars on Friday, a man snuck up behind her and put his head under her puffed-out white dress while she was posing for pictures.
The man didn’t last there long, however, as Ferrera’s co-stars — including Jay Baruchel, Cate Blanchett and Djimon Hounsou — reacted, and security quickly pulled the man away and kicked him off the red carpet. The “Dragon” stars, including Ferrera, all looked upset over the ambush, which can probably be labeled as an assault.
The Daily Mail reports the man is Vitalii Sediuk, a Ukrainian journalist who is notorious for other pranks. Some of the more notable stunts include trying to kiss Will Smith at a “Men in Black 3” premiere, for which Sediuk promptly got slapped in the face, and rushing the stage at the 2013 Grammys as singer Adele was accepting an award.
Sediuk has also pulled pranks on actors Bradley Cooper and Leonardo DiCaprio, as well as musicians Jennifer Lopez and Pitbull.
He might have reached a new low with this one, though.
- 7 common ways to get sued by your employees
- Why it might be time to upgrade your toilet
- Arizona teachers are building a better future by using technology in the classroom
- How to make summer reading fun for the whole family
- How to find relief for chronic joint pain
- Can the NBA Lottery save the Suns?
- Skip Urgent Care: 5 ailments you can treat with telemedicine
- Skin Cancer in Arizona: Stats, facts and new immunotherapy drugs making strides
- Distracted walking injuries end up not so funny
- Scary situations: 5 quick tips before you let a contractor in your home
- Four ways telemedicine is changing the health care industry
- 5 mistakes homeowners make in the spring
- Three rivers run through it: Exploring Arizona's waterways
- Smart home basics: things you need to know to get started
- 5 Surprising things causing back pain
- Arizona agriculture is a $17.1B industry
- Timeline: Arizona's roots in brewing history
- 5 reasons to love the D-backs this season
- Tips for taking your home entertainment experience to the backyard
- Tech-related injuries your parents never experienced
- Workers comp: Signs your co-worker could be a fraud
- Who's the real founder of America's pastime?
- Epidemic rising? What you need to know about Alzheimer's in Arizona
- 5 unforgettable Wooden Award winners
- Family and hard work are keys to success of modern dairy farmers
- Genetic testing could hold answers for colon cancer survival
- Cold beers and baseball: A beer lover's guide to Spring Training
- Telecommuting: 5 tips to make it work for employers and employees
- See how top CFOs feel about economic growth in the Valley
- Migraine myths that keep patients from effective treatments