The career of actress America Ferrera has been somewhat quiet since “Ugly Betty,” in which she was lead character, left the television airwaves in 2010.
This weekend, however, she got back in the spotlight again, but for unfortunate reasons.
As she was on the red carpet at the Cannes Film Festival with her “How to Train Your Dragon 2” co-stars on Friday, a man snuck up behind her and put his head under her puffed-out white dress while she was posing for pictures.
The man didn’t last there long, however, as Ferrera’s co-stars — including Jay Baruchel, Cate Blanchett and Djimon Hounsou — reacted, and security quickly pulled the man away and kicked him off the red carpet. The “Dragon” stars, including Ferrera, all looked upset over the ambush, which can probably be labeled as an assault.
The Daily Mail reports the man is Vitalii Sediuk, a Ukrainian journalist who is notorious for other pranks. Some of the more notable stunts include trying to kiss Will Smith at a “Men in Black 3” premiere, for which Sediuk promptly got slapped in the face, and rushing the stage at the 2013 Grammys as singer Adele was accepting an award.
Sediuk has also pulled pranks on actors Bradley Cooper and Leonardo DiCaprio, as well as musicians Jennifer Lopez and Pitbull.
He might have reached a new low with this one, though.
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Water tips to save money, help save the Earth
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon
- What you need to know about Alzheimer's disease in Arizona
- Spring clean your windows like a pro with these 8 tips
- 7 films that should have won best-picture Oscars
- New plumbing technology saves money and improves your home
- Survey shows Arizona CFOs optimistic about 2016
- How chronic pain can affect your love life
- 5 potential warning signs about your child's development