Several parked, unoccupied vehicles got stuck or heavily damaged in a Baltimore landslide earlier this week, and a YouTube video published Thursday shows the scene slowly building to a crescendo.
The landslide was initially called a sinkhole by many, but a National Geographic article points out that a sinkhole is when the ground caves in to create a void in a piece of land, as was the case when several classic Corvettes took a plunge in a Kentucky museum in February.
A landslide, however, occurs on a hillside, on a slope, on the face of a cliff or generally anywhere where there’s a steep angle, which is what happened in Baltimore.
The YouTube video shows the landslide happening in real time, and you see it build up to its destructive final act — to a chorus of screams — before the footage cuts off. It literally ends with a boom.
Stinks for the owner of the vehicles, but it made for quite an amazing sight to see.
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Water tips to save money, help save the Earth
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon
- What you need to know about Alzheimer's disease in Arizona
- Spring clean your windows like a pro with these 8 tips
- 7 films that should have won best-picture Oscars
- New plumbing technology saves money and improves your home
- Survey shows Arizona CFOs optimistic about 2016
- How chronic pain can affect your love life
- 5 potential warning signs about your child's development