Several parked, unoccupied vehicles got stuck or heavily damaged in a Baltimore landslide earlier this week, and a YouTube video published Thursday shows the scene slowly building to a crescendo.
The landslide was initially called a sinkhole by many, but a National Geographic article points out that a sinkhole is when the ground caves in to create a void in a piece of land, as was the case when several classic Corvettes took a plunge in a Kentucky museum in February.
A landslide, however, occurs on a hillside, on a slope, on the face of a cliff or generally anywhere where there’s a steep angle, which is what happened in Baltimore.
The YouTube video shows the landslide happening in real time, and you see it build up to its destructive final act — to a chorus of screams — before the footage cuts off. It literally ends with a boom.
Stinks for the owner of the vehicles, but it made for quite an amazing sight to see.
- Peak your palate with gameday recipes and beers to match
- 6 reasons the Cardinals are driven to win the Super Bowl
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again