It’s no secret to anyone with a hint of perspective that humans, in terms of size, are pretty insignificant in the grand scheme of things.
But it can still be pretty tough to imagine what a lone human — or even a group of, say, 7.2 billion of them — would look like in some of the world’s largest natural wonders.
Thanks to a respected YouTube presenter, now we don’t have to.
Michael Stevens put together a graphic that shows what Earth’s 7.2 billion inhabitants would look like if they were, for whatever reason, in a humongous pile in the Grand Canyon.
And, not surprisingly, the human pile would only comprise a small portion of the Grand Canyon. In fact, a model of every human that has ever lived showed that an estimated 106 billion people still wouldn’t cover the Grand Canyon entirely.
It’s always interesting to see how we fit in the grand scheme of things, isn’t it?
- 6 tips to create the best family movie night
- New bone marrow procedure holds promise for healing pain
- The best places to celebrate Fall in Phoenix
- Infamous athletes who did the most time for their crimes
- 2016 baseball highlights, bloopers and blunders
- See how CFOs really feel about business in the Valley
- The best television shows on the internet
- A preseason guide to avoid holiday weight gain
- The 5 worst things you could do for your roof
- 6 coolest things brewing in Arizona
- The virus that keeps head and neck cancers on the rise
- State Fair ‘Kid Reporter’ has all the angles covered
- 4 important things to know about timeshare maintenance fees
- Signs of delayed car crash injuries
- The truth about sports concussions
- The Alzheimer's epidemic: Facts you need to know
- The season is here, keep your Fantasy Football team strong all season
- 8 TV shows you can't miss this fall
- Football is here: 6 tips to make this your best season ever
- Gameday recipes and beers to match
- 6 reasons the Cardinals are driven to win the Super Bowl
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America