With all the talk of race and racism, how about some fun?
Kudos to Barcelona player Dani Alves, who responded to a banana being thrown at him in the most awesome way.
For those who don’t know, in many European countries, racists make monkey chants and throw bananas at soccer players with dark skin. Alves displayed class, professionalism and a brilliant sense of humor.
Think about it: What if we all responded to racism like Alves? He was quoted as saying after the match “We aren’t going to change things easily. If you don’t give it importance, they don’t achieve their objective.”
Maybe if we all approached racism the way Alves does, we can minimize the impact of all the repugnant, backward and ignorant people who still think racism is acceptable.
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Water tips to save money, help save the Earth
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon
- What you need to know about Alzheimer's disease in Arizona
- Spring clean your windows like a pro with these 8 tips
- 7 films that should have won best-picture Oscars
- New plumbing technology saves money and improves your home
- Survey shows Arizona CFOs optimistic about 2016
- How chronic pain can affect your love life
- 5 potential warning signs about your child's development