Therapy dogs now exist to help more than just those stricken with blindness. If you suffer from diabetes, schizophrenia, epilepsy or a number of other illnesses, more and more canines are being trained to assist you.
Perhaps that goes for those who are battling Alzheimer’s disease too.
Roscoe is pioneering the way.
A man whose speech has been stolen from him by the disease is seen — and heard — here, audibly addressing his dog, Roscoe.
“Oh yeah, hey!,” he says. “You’ve got, you’ve got something! You’ve got something, huh?” he says, giving Roscoe an affectionate pat as the dog wags his tail. “Yeah, well, that … that’s too bad, there. That’s all. That’s all I’ve got.”
The man’s daughter told The Huffington Post that her father had lost most of his ability to verbally communicate, except, that is, when Roscoe was near.
- Peak your palate with gameday recipes and beers to match
- 6 reasons the Cardinals are driven to win the Super Bowl
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again