Therapy dogs now exist to help more than just those stricken with blindness. If you suffer from diabetes, schizophrenia, epilepsy or a number of other illnesses, more and more canines are being trained to assist you.
Perhaps that goes for those who are battling Alzheimer’s disease too.
Roscoe is pioneering the way.
A man whose speech has been stolen from him by the disease is seen — and heard — here, audibly addressing his dog, Roscoe.
“Oh yeah, hey!,” he says. “You’ve got, you’ve got something! You’ve got something, huh?” he says, giving Roscoe an affectionate pat as the dog wags his tail. “Yeah, well, that … that’s too bad, there. That’s all. That’s all I’ve got.”
The man’s daughter told The Huffington Post that her father had lost most of his ability to verbally communicate, except, that is, when Roscoe was near.
- The best places to celebrate Fall in Phoenix
- Infamous athletes who did the most time for their crimes
- 2016 baseball highlights, bloopers and blunders
- See how CFOs really feel about business in the Valley
- The best television shows on the internet
- A preseason guide to avoid holiday weight gain
- The 5 worst things you could do for your roof
- 6 coolest things brewing in Arizona
- The virus that keeps head and neck cancers on the rise
- State Fair ‘Kid Reporter’ has all the angles covered
- 4 important things to know about timeshare maintenance fees
- Signs of delayed car crash injuries
- The truth about sports concussions
- The Alzheimer's epidemic: Facts you need to know
- The season is here, keep your Fantasy Football team strong all season
- 8 TV shows you can't miss this fall
- Football is here: 6 tips to make this your best season ever
- Gameday recipes and beers to match
- 6 reasons the Cardinals are driven to win the Super Bowl
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier