There certainly have been a lot of run-ins and close calls with trains lately in the news, haven’t there?
Last week, a Connecticut senator was nearly hit by a train on a platform as he helping lead a conference on railway safety, and a young Canadian man filmed himself with his back to an oncoming train, getting kicked in the head by a conductor.
Well, let’s not stop there.
Raw video uploaded by the Associated Press to YouTube on Thursday shows a man in the Czech Republic nearly getting hit head-on by a speeding train.
When the crossing arms go down to stop cars from driving through, a pedestrian, whose face is blurred in the video, finds himself on the wrong side. He nonchalantly walks over the tracks at first, but then speeds it up a little — but not much — as the train gets closer. It’s only carrying about five passenger cars.
The incident is about as close of a call as you can fathom, and it looks like the man’s legs might have even been clipped in the video.
Too bad he didn’t have Hancock around to swoop in and stop the train in its tracks.
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon