There certainly have been a lot of run-ins and close calls with trains lately in the news, haven’t there?
Last week, a Connecticut senator was nearly hit by a train on a platform as he helping lead a conference on railway safety, and a young Canadian man filmed himself with his back to an oncoming train, getting kicked in the head by a conductor.
Well, let’s not stop there.
Raw video uploaded by the Associated Press to YouTube on Thursday shows a man in the Czech Republic nearly getting hit head-on by a speeding train.
When the crossing arms go down to stop cars from driving through, a pedestrian, whose face is blurred in the video, finds himself on the wrong side. He nonchalantly walks over the tracks at first, but then speeds it up a little — but not much — as the train gets closer. It’s only carrying about five passenger cars.
The incident is about as close of a call as you can fathom, and it looks like the man’s legs might have even been clipped in the video.
Too bad he didn’t have Hancock around to swoop in and stop the train in its tracks.
- The virus that keeps head and neck cancers on the rise
- State Fair ‘Kid Reporter’ has all the angles covered
- 4 important things to know about timeshare maintenance fees
- Signs of delayed car crash injuries
- The truth about sports concussions
- The Alzheimer's epidemic: Facts you need to know
- The season is here, keep your Fantasy Football team strong all season
- 8 TV shows you can't miss this fall
- Football is here: 6 tips to make this your best season ever
- Gameday recipes and beers to match
- 6 reasons the Cardinals are driven to win the Super Bowl
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas