When passing by a homeless person on the street, many people are taught not to slow down or make eye contact, especially if it’s at a time where they have no money to offer.
That theory was put to the test in a social experiment orchestrated by the New York Rescue Mission, which asks the question, “Have the homeless become invisible?”
Several individuals were dressed up (down?) as homeless people and placed along a city street. All were related to at least one of the handful of unsuspecting participants who walked by them.
The way the experiment goes down does affirm the overarching question being studied. One man even glances at his wife and keeps walking by like nothing’s amiss. Some of experimentees are brought to tears when watching video of themselves not noticing their loved ones.
The clip likely will make you think about the issue of homelessness in a different light.
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Water tips to save money, help save the Earth
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon
- What you need to know about Alzheimer's disease in Arizona
- Spring clean your windows like a pro with these 8 tips
- 7 films that should have won best-picture Oscars
- New plumbing technology saves money and improves your home
- Survey shows Arizona CFOs optimistic about 2016
- How chronic pain can affect your love life
- 5 potential warning signs about your child's development