When passing by a homeless person on the street, many people are taught not to slow down or make eye contact, especially if it’s at a time where they have no money to offer.
That theory was put to the test in a social experiment orchestrated by the New York Rescue Mission, which asks the question, “Have the homeless become invisible?”
Several individuals were dressed up (down?) as homeless people and placed along a city street. All were related to at least one of the handful of unsuspecting participants who walked by them.
The way the experiment goes down does affirm the overarching question being studied. One man even glances at his wife and keeps walking by like nothing’s amiss. Some of experimentees are brought to tears when watching video of themselves not noticing their loved ones.
The clip likely will make you think about the issue of homelessness in a different light.
- Peak your palate with gameday recipes and beers to match
- 6 reasons the Cardinals are driven to win the Super Bowl
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again