Remember a time when Avril Lavigne was a rebellious pop-punk teen, singing about how “Complicated” life is and pining for a “Sk8er Boi”?
Yeah, me too. I never thought I’d yearn for those days again.
The twice-married Lavigne, 29, has undergone various transformations on her last few albums, currently settling on bubble gum pop meets dubstep for her latest single, “Hello Kitty.”
The single has Lavigne — with cupcake tutu, oversized glasses and a Skrillex haircut — appropriating Japanese culture to the point of racial and cultural insensitivity, but the singer probably has no clue just how offensive it actually is.
There were reports that the video has since been taken down due to copyright infringement (most likely for the use of “Hello Kitty” imagery), but as of this writing it’s still there — or it was put back up.
Oh, and did I mention this simple, saccharine tune was co-written by her hubby Chad Kroeger, the frontman for Nickelback?
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets