An odd Panasonic exercise video from 2004 has come back into the Internet’s consciousness in a big way.
The clip features Californian-born Japanese model Mariko Takahashi doing an aerobic exercise flanked by several dress-up poodles, the Daily Mail reports.
It’s an odd enough visual, but for some reason, Takahashi hams it up even further with artificial “Popeye”-like arms and legs. The model leads the video like nothing is out of the ordinary, however.
The Daily Mail reports the video was produced ahead of the 2004 Summer Olympics.
And 10 years later, it has become a viral hit.
The clip, made by art director and commercial film director Nagi Noda, is a word-for-word copy of a workout video made by motivational speaker and 90s fitness celebrity Susan Powter.
The poodles are, of course, humans, who had dog heads added later using CGI, and were used by Noda as she found the way poodle fur is groomed to resemble human muscles.
The workout begins roughly 50 seconds into the following clip.
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon