Embattled Toronto Mayor Rob Ford is in the midst of a re-election challenge against the likes of Olivia Chow, Monowar Hossain, Norm Gardner and others.
But it appears his greatest challenge may come from a new crop of candidates.
NoFordNation.com, started by Christina Robins and her husband three years ago, put out signs with fake challengers all over the city — with themes satirizing some of Ford’s worst gaffes in office.
Elect Jeff McElroy,” reads one sign photographed in Trinity Bellwoods Park. “He promises to just smoke pot as mayor. Not crack.”
Another sign for “Ray Faranzi” states: “The current mayor threatens to kill people and gets publicly drunk. If elected, I promise I will just get publicly drunk.”
In addition to its promotion of fake challengers, NoFordNation.com also offers viewers information on all of the candidates trying to knock off the incumbent Ford in Oct. 2014.
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon