Ever wondered what some of your favorite songs would sound like if you completely changed the musical backing or sang them in a different key?
A co-ed group called Schmoyoho has done just that, and the end results are dramatically different, as seen in a three-minute video posted to YouTube.
The group gives contemporary songs from Pharrell Williams, Katy Perry and John Legend a complete makeover, but their versions sound just as legitimate and genuine. If those artists ring much of a bell, perhaps you’ll like their interpretation of Aerosmith’s “Dream On,” which makes the ballad sound happier than you’d ever imagine it to be.
They finish off by taking down the tempo of Jay-Z and Alicia Keys’ “Empire State of Mind,” and they make Imagine Dragons’ hit “Radioactive” not sound quite so serious.
Take a look/listen below.
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food