Ever wondered what some of your favorite songs would sound like if you completely changed the musical backing or sang them in a different key?
A co-ed group called Schmoyoho has done just that, and the end results are dramatically different, as seen in a three-minute video posted to YouTube.
The group gives contemporary songs from Pharrell Williams, Katy Perry and John Legend a complete makeover, but their versions sound just as legitimate and genuine. If those artists ring much of a bell, perhaps you’ll like their interpretation of Aerosmith’s “Dream On,” which makes the ballad sound happier than you’d ever imagine it to be.
They finish off by taking down the tempo of Jay-Z and Alicia Keys’ “Empire State of Mind,” and they make Imagine Dragons’ hit “Radioactive” not sound quite so serious.
Take a look/listen below.
- 6 tips to create the best family movie night
- New bone marrow procedure holds promise for healing pain
- The best places to celebrate Fall in Phoenix
- Infamous athletes who did the most time for their crimes
- 2016 baseball highlights, bloopers and blunders
- See how CFOs really feel about business in the Valley
- The best television shows on the internet
- A preseason guide to avoid holiday weight gain
- The 5 worst things you could do for your roof
- 6 coolest things brewing in Arizona
- The virus that keeps head and neck cancers on the rise
- State Fair ‘Kid Reporter’ has all the angles covered
- 4 important things to know about timeshare maintenance fees
- Signs of delayed car crash injuries
- The truth about sports concussions
- The Alzheimer's epidemic: Facts you need to know
- The season is here, keep your Fantasy Football team strong all season
- 8 TV shows you can't miss this fall
- Football is here: 6 tips to make this your best season ever
- Gameday recipes and beers to match
- 6 reasons the Cardinals are driven to win the Super Bowl
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America