Perhaps you missed it, but Friday, March 14, was National Pi Day.
No, it wasn’t a homage to the delicious, crust-laden desert — or even to the cheese-covered Italian entree, often topped with pepperoni or vegetables.
Nope, Friday was about a mathematical constant has to do with the shape of those two aforementioned food staples. In other words, the day honored a Greek letter and the approximate number it represents — 3.14.
Get it: 3.14 is celebrated on 3/14?
Anyhow, a YouTube user released a video — right on the day where it’s most relevant — where she bemoans how pi is not all it’s cracked up to be. The clip is steadily climbing its way to 1 million views.
Go back to high school math with Vi Hart as she explains how pi isn’t as infinite as teachers say it is. It’s not even greater than four, she reasons!
Being that it’s kind of a rant, the video drags on a little, but stick with her through the first couple of minutes and get a couple of laughs. Past that, feel free to challenge yourself as her math gets more and more complex.
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon