Perhaps you missed it, but Friday, March 14, was National Pi Day.
No, it wasn’t a homage to the delicious, crust-laden desert — or even to the cheese-covered Italian entree, often topped with pepperoni or vegetables.
Nope, Friday was about a mathematical constant has to do with the shape of those two aforementioned food staples. In other words, the day honored a Greek letter and the approximate number it represents — 3.14.
Get it: 3.14 is celebrated on 3/14?
Anyhow, a YouTube user released a video — right on the day where it’s most relevant — where she bemoans how pi is not all it’s cracked up to be. The clip is steadily climbing its way to 1 million views.
Go back to high school math with Vi Hart as she explains how pi isn’t as infinite as teachers say it is. It’s not even greater than four, she reasons!
Being that it’s kind of a rant, the video drags on a little, but stick with her through the first couple of minutes and get a couple of laughs. Past that, feel free to challenge yourself as her math gets more and more complex.
- 7 common ways to get sued by your employees
- Why it might be time to upgrade your toilet
- Arizona teachers are building a better future by using technology in the classroom
- How to make summer reading fun for the whole family
- How to find relief for chronic joint pain
- Can the NBA Lottery save the Suns?
- Skip Urgent Care: 5 ailments you can treat with telemedicine
- Skin Cancer in Arizona: Stats, facts and new immunotherapy drugs making strides
- Distracted walking injuries end up not so funny
- Scary situations: 5 quick tips before you let a contractor in your home
- Four ways telemedicine is changing the health care industry
- 5 mistakes homeowners make in the spring
- Three rivers run through it: Exploring Arizona's waterways
- Smart home basics: things you need to know to get started
- 5 Surprising things causing back pain
- Arizona agriculture is a $17.1B industry
- Timeline: Arizona's roots in brewing history
- 5 reasons to love the D-backs this season
- Tips for taking your home entertainment experience to the backyard
- Tech-related injuries your parents never experienced
- Workers comp: Signs your co-worker could be a fraud
- Who's the real founder of America's pastime?
- Epidemic rising? What you need to know about Alzheimer's in Arizona
- 5 unforgettable Wooden Award winners
- Family and hard work are keys to success of modern dairy farmers
- Genetic testing could hold answers for colon cancer survival
- Cold beers and baseball: A beer lover's guide to Spring Training
- Telecommuting: 5 tips to make it work for employers and employees
- See how top CFOs feel about economic growth in the Valley
- Migraine myths that keep patients from effective treatments