Perhaps you missed it, but Friday, March 14, was National Pi Day.
No, it wasn’t a homage to the delicious, crust-laden desert — or even to the cheese-covered Italian entree, often topped with pepperoni or vegetables.
Nope, Friday was about a mathematical constant has to do with the shape of those two aforementioned food staples. In other words, the day honored a Greek letter and the approximate number it represents — 3.14.
Get it: 3.14 is celebrated on 3/14?
Anyhow, a YouTube user released a video — right on the day where it’s most relevant — where she bemoans how pi is not all it’s cracked up to be. The clip is steadily climbing its way to 1 million views.
Go back to high school math with Vi Hart as she explains how pi isn’t as infinite as teachers say it is. It’s not even greater than four, she reasons!
Being that it’s kind of a rant, the video drags on a little, but stick with her through the first couple of minutes and get a couple of laughs. Past that, feel free to challenge yourself as her math gets more and more complex.
- Telecommuting: 5 tips to make it work for employers and employees
- See how top CFOs feel about economic growth in the Valley
- Migraine myths that keep patients from effective treatments
- Here’s why Gaydos went tankless with his water heater
- 12 things to watch before the Oscars
- Bocce ball and basketball: How you can help Arizona's Special Olympics athletes
- Tips on building the best wine room in Arizona
- Avoid the nightmare: 6 tips to choose a great contractor
- Breast cancer: Improved testing and treatments means more survivors
- Best and worst of Super Bowl commercials
- Failed back surgery: New hope for patients living in pain
- Ticking time bombs: Telltale signs your water heater is about to explode
- Reading glasses could be a thing of the past
- 6 cool ways teachers are using technology in the classroom
- Emerging tech jobs in Phoenix and how to get one in 2017
- 4 top treatments athletes use for pain
- Emergency! What to do when bathrooms flood
- Operation Santa Claus needs holiday help
- This college bowl season is likely to be epic
- Arizona kids in crisis: How you can help
- 11 holiday classics for the ultimate movie marathon
- New treatment offers hope for migraine sufferers
- 11 stadiums to watch your favorite football team
- Shopping for a TV? Best models for 2016
- The new beer pairing guide for holiday foods
- Avoid this holiday plumbing disaster in your home
- 7 tips to avoid holiday weight gain
- New treatments mean better prostate cancer survival rates
- 5 of the scariest things found in drains
- 6 tips to create the best family movie night