This is why I’m a dog person.
I have many friends who have lovely-enough cats…I guess. And sure, dogs can bite you, but they’re also trainable. I, personally, have been clawed or bitten by cats way, way more often than dogs.
But I’ve thankfully never experienced what one Portland, Ore., family went through last Sunday night.
Lux, the family’s black and white Himalayan cat, suddenly became crazed and attacked the family, including the 7-month-old baby, FOX 12 Oregon reported.
Lux also weighs a whopping 22 pounds, so that’s a lot of flying fur.
The family barricaded themselves in the bedroom, because every time they opened the door, Lux would charge at them.
The cat was captured by the use of a dog snare, oddly enough.
Apparently, Lux has had a history of violence, but by Monday, he was back at home.
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Water tips to save money, help save the Earth
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon
- What you need to know about Alzheimer's disease in Arizona
- Spring clean your windows like a pro with these 8 tips
- 7 films that should have won best-picture Oscars
- New plumbing technology saves money and improves your home
- Survey shows Arizona CFOs optimistic about 2016
- How chronic pain can affect your love life
- 5 potential warning signs about your child's development