If some technological advancement seemed far-fetched in 1985, chances are that thing seems far more attainable today.
It’s 2014, baby. We watch live television on telephones. We videochat with people in other hemispheres. We Google Glass and stuff.
In 1985, the personal computer had yet to really make its mark. How primitive.
But, come on, Michael J. Fox riding a hoverboard — a hoverboard?! — is still pretty darn far-fetched. But, to many over the last few days, Tony Hawk riding a hoverboard? That was a different story.
Well, sorry to sink your ship, but that whole hoverboard thing — supposedly pioneered by a mysterious technology startup called HUVr — was a hoax that was orchestrated by none other than Funny Or Die, at least according to a Mashable.com report.
There’s always next year.
For now, we’ll have to just go Back To The Future.
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon