If some technological advancement seemed far-fetched in 1985, chances are that thing seems far more attainable today.
It’s 2014, baby. We watch live television on telephones. We videochat with people in other hemispheres. We Google Glass and stuff.
In 1985, the personal computer had yet to really make its mark. How primitive.
But, come on, Michael J. Fox riding a hoverboard — a hoverboard?! — is still pretty darn far-fetched. But, to many over the last few days, Tony Hawk riding a hoverboard? That was a different story.
Well, sorry to sink your ship, but that whole hoverboard thing — supposedly pioneered by a mysterious technology startup called HUVr — was a hoax that was orchestrated by none other than Funny Or Die, at least according to a Mashable.com report.
There’s always next year.
For now, we’ll have to just go Back To The Future.
- Migraine myths that keep patients from effective treatments
- Here’s why Gaydos went tankless with his water heater
- 12 things to watch before the Oscars
- Bocce ball and basketball: How you can help Arizona's Special Olympics athletes
- Tips on building the best wine room in Arizona
- Avoid the nightmare: 6 tips to choose a great contractor
- Breast cancer: Improved testing and treatments means more survivors
- Best and worst of Super Bowl commercials
- Failed back surgery: New hope for patients living in pain
- Ticking time bombs: Telltale signs your water heater is about to explode
- Reading glasses could be a thing of the past
- 6 cool ways teachers are using technology in the classroom
- Emerging tech jobs in Phoenix and how to get one in 2017
- 4 top treatments athletes use for pain
- Emergency! What to do when bathrooms flood
- Operation Santa Claus needs holiday help
- This college bowl season is likely to be epic
- Arizona kids in crisis: How you can help
- 11 holiday classics for the ultimate movie marathon
- New treatment offers hope for migraine sufferers
- 11 stadiums to watch your favorite football team
- Shopping for a TV? Best models for 2016
- The new beer pairing guide for holiday foods
- Avoid this holiday plumbing disaster in your home
- 7 tips to avoid holiday weight gain
- New treatments mean better prostate cancer survival rates
- 5 of the scariest things found in drains
- 6 tips to create the best family movie night
- New bone marrow procedure holds promise for healing pain
- Infamous athletes who did the most time for their crimes