It’s amazing what you can do with $20 and a Post-It.
According to CBS News, 8-year-old Myles Eckert had a good day Feb. 7. He found a $20 bill in the parking lot of the Cracker Barrel in Toldeo, Ohio.
“I kind of wanted to get a video game, but then I decided not to,” [Eckert] says.
But then Eckert spotted Lt. Col. Frank Dailey who was uniform. Eckert decided to give Dailey the $20, along with a note:
“Dear Soldier — my dad was a soldier. He’s in heaven now. I found this 20 dollars in the parking lot when we got here. We like to pay it forward in my family. It’s your lucky day! Thank you for your service. Myles Eckert, a gold star kid.”
Eckert’s father, Army Sgt. Andy Eckert, was killed five weeks after his son was born while serving in Iraq. After Eckert gave Dailey the money and note, he asked his mom, Tiffany, to take him to his dad’s grave.
“He wanted to go see his dad,” Tiffany says. “And he wanted to go by himself that day.”
Dailey said Eckert’s gesture changed the way he looks at life and plans on paying it forward as well.
- See how top CFOs feel about economic growth in the Valley
- Migraine myths that keep patients from effective treatments
- Here’s why Gaydos went tankless with his water heater
- 12 things to watch before the Oscars
- Bocce ball and basketball: How you can help Arizona's Special Olympics athletes
- Tips on building the best wine room in Arizona
- Avoid the nightmare: 6 tips to choose a great contractor
- Breast cancer: Improved testing and treatments means more survivors
- Best and worst of Super Bowl commercials
- Failed back surgery: New hope for patients living in pain
- Ticking time bombs: Telltale signs your water heater is about to explode
- Reading glasses could be a thing of the past
- 6 cool ways teachers are using technology in the classroom
- Emerging tech jobs in Phoenix and how to get one in 2017
- 4 top treatments athletes use for pain
- Emergency! What to do when bathrooms flood
- Operation Santa Claus needs holiday help
- This college bowl season is likely to be epic
- Arizona kids in crisis: How you can help
- 11 holiday classics for the ultimate movie marathon
- New treatment offers hope for migraine sufferers
- 11 stadiums to watch your favorite football team
- Shopping for a TV? Best models for 2016
- The new beer pairing guide for holiday foods
- Avoid this holiday plumbing disaster in your home
- 7 tips to avoid holiday weight gain
- New treatments mean better prostate cancer survival rates
- 5 of the scariest things found in drains
- 6 tips to create the best family movie night
- New bone marrow procedure holds promise for healing pain