It’s amazing what you can do with $20 and a Post-It.
According to CBS News, 8-year-old Myles Eckert had a good day Feb. 7. He found a $20 bill in the parking lot of the Cracker Barrel in Toldeo, Ohio.
“I kind of wanted to get a video game, but then I decided not to,” [Eckert] says.
But then Eckert spotted Lt. Col. Frank Dailey who was uniform. Eckert decided to give Dailey the $20, along with a note:
“Dear Soldier — my dad was a soldier. He’s in heaven now. I found this 20 dollars in the parking lot when we got here. We like to pay it forward in my family. It’s your lucky day! Thank you for your service. Myles Eckert, a gold star kid.”
Eckert’s father, Army Sgt. Andy Eckert, was killed five weeks after his son was born while serving in Iraq. After Eckert gave Dailey the money and note, he asked his mom, Tiffany, to take him to his dad’s grave.
“He wanted to go see his dad,” Tiffany says. “And he wanted to go by himself that day.”
Dailey said Eckert’s gesture changed the way he looks at life and plans on paying it forward as well.
- Affordable small home makeovers for Mother's Day
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon
- What you need to know about Alzheimer's disease in Arizona
- Spring clean your windows like a pro with these 8 tips
- 7 films that should have won best-picture Oscars
- New plumbing technology saves money and improves your home
- Survey shows Arizona CFOs optimistic about 2016
- How chronic pain can affect your love life