It’s amazing what you can do with $20 and a Post-It.
According to CBS News, 8-year-old Myles Eckert had a good day Feb. 7. He found a $20 bill in the parking lot of the Cracker Barrel in Toldeo, Ohio.
“I kind of wanted to get a video game, but then I decided not to,” [Eckert] says.
But then Eckert spotted Lt. Col. Frank Dailey who was uniform. Eckert decided to give Dailey the $20, along with a note:
“Dear Soldier — my dad was a soldier. He’s in heaven now. I found this 20 dollars in the parking lot when we got here. We like to pay it forward in my family. It’s your lucky day! Thank you for your service. Myles Eckert, a gold star kid.”
Eckert’s father, Army Sgt. Andy Eckert, was killed five weeks after his son was born while serving in Iraq. After Eckert gave Dailey the money and note, he asked his mom, Tiffany, to take him to his dad’s grave.
“He wanted to go see his dad,” Tiffany says. “And he wanted to go by himself that day.”
Dailey said Eckert’s gesture changed the way he looks at life and plans on paying it forward as well.
- The best places to celebrate Fall in Phoenix
- Infamous athletes who did the most time for their crimes
- 2016 baseball highlights, bloopers and blunders
- See how CFOs really feel about business in the Valley
- The best television shows on the internet
- A preseason guide to avoid holiday weight gain
- The 5 worst things you could do for your roof
- 6 coolest things brewing in Arizona
- The virus that keeps head and neck cancers on the rise
- State Fair ‘Kid Reporter’ has all the angles covered
- 4 important things to know about timeshare maintenance fees
- Signs of delayed car crash injuries
- The truth about sports concussions
- The Alzheimer's epidemic: Facts you need to know
- The season is here, keep your Fantasy Football team strong all season
- 8 TV shows you can't miss this fall
- Football is here: 6 tips to make this your best season ever
- Gameday recipes and beers to match
- 6 reasons the Cardinals are driven to win the Super Bowl
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier