It’s amazing what you can do with $20 and a Post-It.
According to CBS News, 8-year-old Myles Eckert had a good day Feb. 7. He found a $20 bill in the parking lot of the Cracker Barrel in Toldeo, Ohio.
“I kind of wanted to get a video game, but then I decided not to,” [Eckert] says.
But then Eckert spotted Lt. Col. Frank Dailey who was uniform. Eckert decided to give Dailey the $20, along with a note:
“Dear Soldier — my dad was a soldier. He’s in heaven now. I found this 20 dollars in the parking lot when we got here. We like to pay it forward in my family. It’s your lucky day! Thank you for your service. Myles Eckert, a gold star kid.”
Eckert’s father, Army Sgt. Andy Eckert, was killed five weeks after his son was born while serving in Iraq. After Eckert gave Dailey the money and note, he asked his mom, Tiffany, to take him to his dad’s grave.
“He wanted to go see his dad,” Tiffany says. “And he wanted to go by himself that day.”
Dailey said Eckert’s gesture changed the way he looks at life and plans on paying it forward as well.
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food