The need for speed never experienced such an adrenaline rush.
The Texas-made Hennessey Venom GT broke the record last month for the fastest two-seated sports car when it reached 270.49 mph, according to Jalopnik.
The car utilized the 3.2-mile long Kennedy Space Center shuttle landing way in Cape Canaveral, Fla. It took 2.1 miles for the car to break the speed record — leaving only 0.8 miles of strip left to stop.
Unfortunately, however, the Guinness World Record folks still state that the Bugatti Veyron Super Sport still holds the title.
The Bugatti model reached 267.81 mph back in 2010, but the Guinness requirement states that for production cars, there must be 30 of them, and Hennessey only built 29 of the $1.2 million Venom GT.
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food