The need for speed never experienced such an adrenaline rush.
The Texas-made Hennessey Venom GT broke the record last month for the fastest two-seated sports car when it reached 270.49 mph, according to Jalopnik.
The car utilized the 3.2-mile long Kennedy Space Center shuttle landing way in Cape Canaveral, Fla. It took 2.1 miles for the car to break the speed record — leaving only 0.8 miles of strip left to stop.
Unfortunately, however, the Guinness World Record folks still state that the Bugatti Veyron Super Sport still holds the title.
The Bugatti model reached 267.81 mph back in 2010, but the Guinness requirement states that for production cars, there must be 30 of them, and Hennessey only built 29 of the $1.2 million Venom GT.
- Telecommuting: 5 tips to make it work for employers and employees
- See how top CFOs feel about economic growth in the Valley
- Migraine myths that keep patients from effective treatments
- Here’s why Gaydos went tankless with his water heater
- 12 things to watch before the Oscars
- Bocce ball and basketball: How you can help Arizona's Special Olympics athletes
- Tips on building the best wine room in Arizona
- Avoid the nightmare: 6 tips to choose a great contractor
- Breast cancer: Improved testing and treatments means more survivors
- Best and worst of Super Bowl commercials
- Failed back surgery: New hope for patients living in pain
- Ticking time bombs: Telltale signs your water heater is about to explode
- Reading glasses could be a thing of the past
- 6 cool ways teachers are using technology in the classroom
- Emerging tech jobs in Phoenix and how to get one in 2017
- 4 top treatments athletes use for pain
- Emergency! What to do when bathrooms flood
- Operation Santa Claus needs holiday help
- This college bowl season is likely to be epic
- Arizona kids in crisis: How you can help
- 11 holiday classics for the ultimate movie marathon
- New treatment offers hope for migraine sufferers
- 11 stadiums to watch your favorite football team
- Shopping for a TV? Best models for 2016
- The new beer pairing guide for holiday foods
- Avoid this holiday plumbing disaster in your home
- 7 tips to avoid holiday weight gain
- New treatments mean better prostate cancer survival rates
- 5 of the scariest things found in drains
- 6 tips to create the best family movie night