The need for speed never experienced such an adrenaline rush.
The Texas-made Hennessey Venom GT broke the record last month for the fastest two-seated sports car when it reached 270.49 mph, according to Jalopnik.
The car utilized the 3.2-mile long Kennedy Space Center shuttle landing way in Cape Canaveral, Fla. It took 2.1 miles for the car to break the speed record — leaving only 0.8 miles of strip left to stop.
Unfortunately, however, the Guinness World Record folks still state that the Bugatti Veyron Super Sport still holds the title.
The Bugatti model reached 267.81 mph back in 2010, but the Guinness requirement states that for production cars, there must be 30 of them, and Hennessey only built 29 of the $1.2 million Venom GT.
- 7 common ways to get sued by your employees
- Why it might be time to upgrade your toilet
- Arizona teachers are building a better future by using technology in the classroom
- How to make summer reading fun for the whole family
- How to find relief for chronic joint pain
- Can the NBA Lottery save the Suns?
- Skip Urgent Care: 5 ailments you can treat with telemedicine
- Skin Cancer in Arizona: Stats, facts and new immunotherapy drugs making strides
- Distracted walking injuries end up not so funny
- Scary situations: 5 quick tips before you let a contractor in your home
- Four ways telemedicine is changing the health care industry
- 5 mistakes homeowners make in the spring
- Three rivers run through it: Exploring Arizona's waterways
- Smart home basics: things you need to know to get started
- 5 Surprising things causing back pain
- Arizona agriculture is a $17.1B industry
- Timeline: Arizona's roots in brewing history
- 5 reasons to love the D-backs this season
- Tips for taking your home entertainment experience to the backyard
- Tech-related injuries your parents never experienced
- Workers comp: Signs your co-worker could be a fraud
- Who's the real founder of America's pastime?
- Epidemic rising? What you need to know about Alzheimer's in Arizona
- 5 unforgettable Wooden Award winners
- Family and hard work are keys to success of modern dairy farmers
- Genetic testing could hold answers for colon cancer survival
- Cold beers and baseball: A beer lover's guide to Spring Training
- Telecommuting: 5 tips to make it work for employers and employees
- See how top CFOs feel about economic growth in the Valley
- Migraine myths that keep patients from effective treatments