Straight out of a “Thor” movie plot, the Viking calendar has predicted that the world will end on Saturday.
Ragnarök, or The Twilight of the Gods, is upon us, if recent weather is to be believed, USA Today reported.
Nordic folklore has it that after three freezing winters, when there have been no summers in between, the world will come to an end.
Incidentally, in the Nordic areas, the past two summers have been cold and wet and the winters freezing.
The Jorvik Viking Center in York, England, has embraced the pending apocalypse, even setting up a countdown on its website and hosting its large, annual Viking festival with the final day culminating on Saturday.
Apparently, Heimdallr, the guardian of the Bifrost, blew the mystical Gjallerhorn last year, predicting the end of the world, which will go like this:
There will be an epic battle between the gods, in this case Odin, the Allfather of the gods, along with other major gods including Thor, the god of thunder, Freja, the goddess of love, and Loki, the trickster god.
At the end of the battle, the entire world will sink beneath the waves and all humans will die — except for two, according to folklore.
Those, Liv and Livtrasir, (Life and Lust) will come up from the underworld to repopulate the world.
I guess it’s time to party like it’s 799!
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them