Unless you live under a rock, you’ve either seen, heard of or read about Netflix’s show “House of Cards.”
In just the first weekend of its Valentine’s Day release, 2 percent of all Netflix subscribers watched all 13 episodes of the newest season.
It will come as no surprise that the show is not just beloved by the general public, but by the nation’s top politicians and journalists, as well. Even President Obama asked for “no spoilers” when the second season was released on Valentine’s Day.
Tomorrow: @HouseOfCards. No spoilers, please.
— Barack Obama (@BarackObama) February 13, 2014
CNN hosts Brooke Baldwin and Jake Tapper also admitted to being huge fans of the show, and Baldwin announced on live television that Tapper does a great Frank Underwood impression, the main character who is played by actor Kevin Spacey. In the show, Underwood frequently turns away to break the “fourth wall” to address the audience.
After a few faux protests, Tapper instantly turned his head to an alternate camera and delivered a brief stoic, drawling monologue, before snapping back to the center camera.
And then it was Baldwin’s turn.
Tapper wins this round.
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food