Unless you live under a rock, you’ve either seen, heard of or read about Netflix’s show “House of Cards.”
In just the first weekend of its Valentine’s Day release, 2 percent of all Netflix subscribers watched all 13 episodes of the newest season.
It will come as no surprise that the show is not just beloved by the general public, but by the nation’s top politicians and journalists, as well. Even President Obama asked for “no spoilers” when the second season was released on Valentine’s Day.
Tomorrow: @HouseOfCards. No spoilers, please.
— Barack Obama (@BarackObama) February 13, 2014
CNN hosts Brooke Baldwin and Jake Tapper also admitted to being huge fans of the show, and Baldwin announced on live television that Tapper does a great Frank Underwood impression, the main character who is played by actor Kevin Spacey. In the show, Underwood frequently turns away to break the “fourth wall” to address the audience.
After a few faux protests, Tapper instantly turned his head to an alternate camera and delivered a brief stoic, drawling monologue, before snapping back to the center camera.
And then it was Baldwin’s turn.
Tapper wins this round.
- The best places to celebrate Fall in Phoenix
- Infamous athletes who did the most time for their crimes
- 2016 baseball highlights, bloopers and blunders
- See how CFOs really feel about business in the Valley
- The best television shows on the internet
- A preseason guide to avoid holiday weight gain
- The 5 worst things you could do for your roof
- 6 coolest things brewing in Arizona
- The virus that keeps head and neck cancers on the rise
- State Fair ‘Kid Reporter’ has all the angles covered
- 4 important things to know about timeshare maintenance fees
- Signs of delayed car crash injuries
- The truth about sports concussions
- The Alzheimer's epidemic: Facts you need to know
- The season is here, keep your Fantasy Football team strong all season
- 8 TV shows you can't miss this fall
- Football is here: 6 tips to make this your best season ever
- Gameday recipes and beers to match
- 6 reasons the Cardinals are driven to win the Super Bowl
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier