Unless you live under a rock, you’ve either seen, heard of or read about Netflix’s show “House of Cards.”
In just the first weekend of its Valentine’s Day release, 2 percent of all Netflix subscribers watched all 13 episodes of the newest season.
It will come as no surprise that the show is not just beloved by the general public, but by the nation’s top politicians and journalists, as well. Even President Obama asked for “no spoilers” when the second season was released on Valentine’s Day.
Tomorrow: @HouseOfCards. No spoilers, please.
— Barack Obama (@BarackObama) February 13, 2014
CNN hosts Brooke Baldwin and Jake Tapper also admitted to being huge fans of the show, and Baldwin announced on live television that Tapper does a great Frank Underwood impression, the main character who is played by actor Kevin Spacey. In the show, Underwood frequently turns away to break the “fourth wall” to address the audience.
After a few faux protests, Tapper instantly turned his head to an alternate camera and delivered a brief stoic, drawling monologue, before snapping back to the center camera.
And then it was Baldwin’s turn.
Tapper wins this round.
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Water tips to save money, help save the Earth
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon
- What you need to know about Alzheimer's disease in Arizona
- Spring clean your windows like a pro with these 8 tips
- 7 films that should have won best-picture Oscars
- New plumbing technology saves money and improves your home
- Survey shows Arizona CFOs optimistic about 2016
- How chronic pain can affect your love life
- 5 potential warning signs about your child's development