Unless you live under a rock, you’ve either seen, heard of or read about Netflix’s show “House of Cards.”
In just the first weekend of its Valentine’s Day release, 2 percent of all Netflix subscribers watched all 13 episodes of the newest season.
It will come as no surprise that the show is not just beloved by the general public, but by the nation’s top politicians and journalists, as well. Even President Obama asked for “no spoilers” when the second season was released on Valentine’s Day.
Tomorrow: @HouseOfCards. No spoilers, please.
— Barack Obama (@BarackObama) February 13, 2014
CNN hosts Brooke Baldwin and Jake Tapper also admitted to being huge fans of the show, and Baldwin announced on live television that Tapper does a great Frank Underwood impression, the main character who is played by actor Kevin Spacey. In the show, Underwood frequently turns away to break the “fourth wall” to address the audience.
After a few faux protests, Tapper instantly turned his head to an alternate camera and delivered a brief stoic, drawling monologue, before snapping back to the center camera.
And then it was Baldwin’s turn.
Tapper wins this round.
- 7 common ways to get sued by your employees
- Why it might be time to upgrade your toilet
- Arizona teachers are building a better future by using technology in the classroom
- How to make summer reading fun for the whole family
- How to find relief for chronic joint pain
- Can the NBA Lottery save the Suns?
- Skip Urgent Care: 5 ailments you can treat with telemedicine
- Skin Cancer in Arizona: Stats, facts and new immunotherapy drugs making strides
- Distracted walking injuries end up not so funny
- Scary situations: 5 quick tips before you let a contractor in your home
- Four ways telemedicine is changing the health care industry
- 5 mistakes homeowners make in the spring
- Three rivers run through it: Exploring Arizona's waterways
- Smart home basics: things you need to know to get started
- 5 Surprising things causing back pain
- Arizona agriculture is a $17.1B industry
- Timeline: Arizona's roots in brewing history
- 5 reasons to love the D-backs this season
- Tips for taking your home entertainment experience to the backyard
- Tech-related injuries your parents never experienced
- Workers comp: Signs your co-worker could be a fraud
- Who's the real founder of America's pastime?
- Epidemic rising? What you need to know about Alzheimer's in Arizona
- 5 unforgettable Wooden Award winners
- Family and hard work are keys to success of modern dairy farmers
- Genetic testing could hold answers for colon cancer survival
- Cold beers and baseball: A beer lover's guide to Spring Training
- Telecommuting: 5 tips to make it work for employers and employees
- See how top CFOs feel about economic growth in the Valley
- Migraine myths that keep patients from effective treatments