This is the story that YOU wanted to hear us talk about! It received 74 percent of the vote in our Radioactive poll!
Several inches of snow topped the ground in Chicago, where one Sharon Hart was receiving chemotherapy treatment for acute myeloid leukemia on Saturday. Her son was able to warm her up.
William, 14, took it upon himself to chisel a message atop the Rush University Medical Center parking lot — just outside his mother’s window.
“HI MOM,” the message began, with a smiley face alternating as the ‘O’ in ‘mom.’
“GOD BLESS U!”
“I wanted to send her the message because I thought it would brighten her spirits and help her get through this,” William told the Chicago Tribune, who first reported the story.
“I would love for her to be happy. This has been rough.”
Photos of the message went viral soon after doctors and nurses spotted it and began to post pictures of it.
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Water tips to save money, help save the Earth
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon
- What you need to know about Alzheimer's disease in Arizona
- Spring clean your windows like a pro with these 8 tips
- 7 films that should have won best-picture Oscars
- New plumbing technology saves money and improves your home
- Survey shows Arizona CFOs optimistic about 2016
- How chronic pain can affect your love life
- 5 potential warning signs about your child's development
- Jan Brewer thinks Paul Penzone will have tough time beating Sheriff Joe Arpaio
- Mac & Gaydos joined by Burmese python after losing March Madness bet
- Mac and Gaydos deliver pizzas to winning class in REDucation contest
- Civil rights activist wants Phoenix-area NAACP boss to step down after incident
- Cindy McCain talks Syrians refugees’ plight, trafficking in Arizona