One of the first things us journos are taught to do before interviewing anyone is our homework.
Read up on the person. Find out what they’re affiliated with and interested in. Know a little history. It all makes the interview better and the process more fun.
Apparently this guy missed the memo.
According to TMZ, veteran KTLA Sam Rubin reporter was interviewing Samuel L. Jackson about his new movie, “RoboCop,” when he asked Jackson about his Super Bowl ad.
The problem? Jackson wasn’t in a Super Bowl commercial. Laurence Fishburne, another African-American actor, was.
To say Jackson was miffed is an understatement. Note to self: Never, ever cross Samuel L.
The reporter owned up to his mistake after the interview, apologizing on air.
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them