Generally speaking, it’s probably a bad idea to threaten someone in front of cameras. That are rolling.
And yet Rep. Michael Grimm, R-N.Y., didn’t seem to care as he threatened to throw a reporter off a balcony at the Capitol after Tuesday night’s State of the Union address said recorded threat is going viral.
New York cable TV reporter Michael Scotto asked Grimm about a federal investigation into his campaign finances.
Grimm walked away but came back after Scotto signed off. He got in the reporter’s face and said, “You ever do that to me again I’ll throw you off this (expletive) balcony.” He also threatened to “break (Scotto) in half.”
The Associated Press reported that Grimm released a statement that he was “extremely annoyed” with Scotto and probably wasn’t the “first member of Congress to tell off a reporter.”
An update on Wednesday from NY1 News said that Grimm has now apologized to Scotto via phone call, “after initially saying he did nothing wrong.”
“I apologized. I called Michael Scotto. He was very gracious and accepted my apology,” Grimm said. “We’re going to have lunch sometime next week and just make sure this is all behind us.”
Grimm, a former Marine, grew up in Queens, NY.
Let’s start the “leave the gun, take the cannoli” jokes.
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick