A commercial for a home soda-making product that stars Scarlett Johansson has been banned from the Super Bowl, but maybe not for an easily assumable reason.
While my first thought immediately went to “too sexy,” I was wrong. Johansson does bring her looks in to the SodaStream ad, but they certainly aren’t ban-worthy.
So what happened? According to The Big Lead, the ad was banned because it directly targets two of the Super Bowl’s biggest sponsors: Coke and Pepsi.
While I think the ban is stupid, there’s a good chance that SodaStream wanted it to be removed from the ad lineup. After all, what creates more coverage in the media: An ad during a game where every company is trying to outdo the others that costs millions of dollars or a banned ad featuring one of the most beautiful women in Hollywood that you post to YouTube for free??
Seems like an easy choice to me. Cheaper too. The banned ad is below. Enjoy.
- The best places to celebrate Fall in Phoenix
- Infamous athletes who did the most time for their crimes
- 2016 baseball highlights, bloopers and blunders
- See how CFOs really feel about business in the Valley
- The best television shows on the internet
- A preseason guide to avoid holiday weight gain
- The 5 worst things you could do for your roof
- 6 coolest things brewing in Arizona
- The virus that keeps head and neck cancers on the rise
- State Fair ‘Kid Reporter’ has all the angles covered
- 4 important things to know about timeshare maintenance fees
- Signs of delayed car crash injuries
- The truth about sports concussions
- The Alzheimer's epidemic: Facts you need to know
- The season is here, keep your Fantasy Football team strong all season
- 8 TV shows you can't miss this fall
- Football is here: 6 tips to make this your best season ever
- Gameday recipes and beers to match
- 6 reasons the Cardinals are driven to win the Super Bowl
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier