A commercial for a home soda-making product that stars Scarlett Johansson has been banned from the Super Bowl, but maybe not for an easily assumable reason.
While my first thought immediately went to “too sexy,” I was wrong. Johansson does bring her looks in to the SodaStream ad, but they certainly aren’t ban-worthy.
So what happened? According to The Big Lead, the ad was banned because it directly targets two of the Super Bowl’s biggest sponsors: Coke and Pepsi.
While I think the ban is stupid, there’s a good chance that SodaStream wanted it to be removed from the ad lineup. After all, what creates more coverage in the media: An ad during a game where every company is trying to outdo the others that costs millions of dollars or a banned ad featuring one of the most beautiful women in Hollywood that you post to YouTube for free??
Seems like an easy choice to me. Cheaper too. The banned ad is below. Enjoy.
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Water tips to save money, help save the Earth
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon
- What you need to know about Alzheimer's disease in Arizona
- Spring clean your windows like a pro with these 8 tips
- 7 films that should have won best-picture Oscars
- New plumbing technology saves money and improves your home
- Survey shows Arizona CFOs optimistic about 2016
- How chronic pain can affect your love life
- 5 potential warning signs about your child's development