This might be the most amazing feat in human history, if it were an actual report.
According to Tweak Town, North Korea has claimed it landed a man on the sun.
As in the star of our solar system. As in the massive (more than 100 times the size of Earth) ball of thermonuclear fusion that lights our planet, the one that burns at nearly 10,000 degrees Fahrenheit.
As in a fake report that went viral, but it was entertaining.
Obviously this is impossible (read: it never actually happened), but North Korea, ever outsmarting science, found a workaround: Send 17-year-old astronaut Hong Il Gong to the sun at 3 a.m., when it’s dark out! Because that will protect him from a massive ball of fire.
A North Korean central news anchorman said during a live broadcast: “We are very delighted to announce a successful mission to put a man on the sun. North Korea has beaten every other country in the world to the sun. Hung Il Gong is a hero and deserves a hero’s welcome when he returns home later this evening.”
It only took Gong about four hours to make it there and he is expected back this evening, where he’ll be greeted by his uncle and North Korean leader Kim Jong-Un. He also is bringing home samples of sun spots as a souvenir.
I guess they don’t have T-shirt stands on the sun. Darn. Just like I hoped this report was actually real. Darn again.
We imagine the flight, if it would have been “real,” went something like this:
- 6 tips to create the best family movie night
- New bone marrow procedure holds promise for healing pain
- The best places to celebrate Fall in Phoenix
- Infamous athletes who did the most time for their crimes
- Diet, exercise and aspirin: 3 tools to fight colon cancer
- 2016 baseball highlights, bloopers and blunders
- See how CFOs really feel about business in the Valley
- The best television shows on the internet
- A preseason guide to avoid holiday weight gain
- The 5 worst things you could do for your roof
- 6 coolest things brewing in Arizona
- The virus that keeps head and neck cancers on the rise
- State Fair ‘Kid Reporter’ has all the angles covered
- 4 important things to know about timeshare maintenance fees
- Signs of delayed car crash injuries
- The truth about sports concussions
- The Alzheimer's epidemic: Facts you need to know
- The season is here, keep your Fantasy Football team strong all season
- 8 TV shows you can't miss this fall
- Football is here: 6 tips to make this your best season ever
- Gameday recipes and beers to match
- 6 reasons the Cardinals are driven to win the Super Bowl
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns