This might be the most amazing feat in human history, if it were an actual report.
According to Tweak Town, North Korea has claimed it landed a man on the sun.
As in the star of our solar system. As in the massive (more than 100 times the size of Earth) ball of thermonuclear fusion that lights our planet, the one that burns at nearly 10,000 degrees Fahrenheit.
As in a fake report that went viral, but it was entertaining.
Obviously this is impossible (read: it never actually happened), but North Korea, ever outsmarting science, found a workaround: Send 17-year-old astronaut Hong Il Gong to the sun at 3 a.m., when it’s dark out! Because that will protect him from a massive ball of fire.
A North Korean central news anchorman said during a live broadcast: “We are very delighted to announce a successful mission to put a man on the sun. North Korea has beaten every other country in the world to the sun. Hung Il Gong is a hero and deserves a hero’s welcome when he returns home later this evening.”
It only took Gong about four hours to make it there and he is expected back this evening, where he’ll be greeted by his uncle and North Korean leader Kim Jong-Un. He also is bringing home samples of sun spots as a souvenir.
I guess they don’t have T-shirt stands on the sun. Darn. Just like I hoped this report was actually real. Darn again.
We imagine the flight, if it would have been “real,” went something like this:
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Water tips to save money, help save the Earth
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon
- What you need to know about Alzheimer's disease in Arizona
- Spring clean your windows like a pro with these 8 tips
- 7 films that should have won best-picture Oscars
- New plumbing technology saves money and improves your home
- Survey shows Arizona CFOs optimistic about 2016
- How chronic pain can affect your love life
- 5 potential warning signs about your child's development