Move over, Hot Firefighters of 2014! There’s some new competition in the calendar business!
The Contilia Retirement Group in Essen, Germany has assembled the greatest calendar ever, featuring the Greatest Generation.
Some of the retirees participated in a photo shoot where they recreated some of their favorite Hollywood stars in some of their most iconic scenes, BuzzFeed reported.
The “youngest” movies represented were “Titanic,” followed by “Dirty Dancing,” but the rest were predominantly between the 1950s and the 1970s.
The oldest participant was 98-year-old Walter Loeser who donned a leather jacket, chaps and boots and straddled a motorcycle for his “Easy Rider” photo shoot.
Approximately 5,000 calendars were printed and given out to the center’s residents, their relatives and staff members.
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon