Some unsuspecting Gold’s Gym members in Venice, Calif., got the workout of their lives, when Arnold Schwarzenegger showed up to offer some unsolicited help.
Donning a mustache, ponytail wig and the name “Howard” on his Gold’s Gym uniform, the bodybuilding actor pretended to be a fitness instructor and regional manager at the gym.
While “Howard” tells one laughing woman to take her work out seriously, Schwarzenegger demonstrates some major comedy chops.
He even makes some poor girl at a water fountain do 10 “reps” of water, because hydration is important.
The former California governor went undercover to raise money for After-School All-Stars, a charity that supports year-round education- and fitness-based after-school programs.
Schwarzenegger is also offering a contest to benefit the organization. For a minimum of a $10 donation, you are entered to win a chance to fly out to Los Angeles and spend a day with the actor, including a workout and riding in his personal Sherman tank.
(In case you think you didn’t read that properly, you did. Arnold Schwarzenegger has his own tank.)
- 7 common ways to get sued by your employees
- Why it might be time to upgrade your toilet
- Arizona teachers are building a better future by using technology in the classroom
- How to make summer reading fun for the whole family
- How to find relief for chronic joint pain
- Can the NBA Lottery save the Suns?
- Skip Urgent Care: 5 ailments you can treat with telemedicine
- Skin Cancer in Arizona: Stats, facts and new immunotherapy drugs making strides
- Distracted walking injuries end up not so funny
- Scary situations: 5 quick tips before you let a contractor in your home
- Four ways telemedicine is changing the health care industry
- 5 mistakes homeowners make in the spring
- Three rivers run through it: Exploring Arizona's waterways
- Smart home basics: things you need to know to get started
- 5 Surprising things causing back pain
- Arizona agriculture is a $17.1B industry
- Timeline: Arizona's roots in brewing history
- 5 reasons to love the D-backs this season
- Tips for taking your home entertainment experience to the backyard
- Tech-related injuries your parents never experienced
- Workers comp: Signs your co-worker could be a fraud
- Who's the real founder of America's pastime?
- Epidemic rising? What you need to know about Alzheimer's in Arizona
- 5 unforgettable Wooden Award winners
- Family and hard work are keys to success of modern dairy farmers
- Genetic testing could hold answers for colon cancer survival
- Cold beers and baseball: A beer lover's guide to Spring Training
- Telecommuting: 5 tips to make it work for employers and employees
- See how top CFOs feel about economic growth in the Valley
- Migraine myths that keep patients from effective treatments