Many of us fear a police officer stopping his car to speak with us, even if we haven’t don’t anything wrong.
But one little boy’s encounter with a cop may have changed his life for the better, reported KNXV-TV.
Sgt. Ariel Soltura, a police sergeant in Rosenberg, Texas, outside of Houston, was slowly cruising through an apartment complex on Jan. 18, when he saw a 10-year-old boy outside by himself.
Soltura noticed the boy was holding a football, so he stopped his car, got out — and began playing a quick game of catch.
“It’s important because we all live in this world together. We all make an impact in this world, and I think it’s important that we all put in our little bit and make it a better place,” said Soltura.
The dash cam video has gone viral, and the Rosenberg Police Department Facebook page posted this message:
While a 2 minute game of football might not mean anything, to some it could mean everything!
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy