There seems to be a huge surge in “anti-Photoshop” campaigns lately, from users all over the Internet posting “Before and After” photos and GIFs of celebrities and models who have been airbrushed and edited.
If used properly, Photoshop can be a great tool to highlight someone’s best features and yes, remove blemishes or even tattoos — who wouldn’t want to look his or her best in a wedding day photo, for example?
But when used to the extreme, Photoshop can be an instrumental tool in body shaming for both females and males, leading to “finished” results that don’t even look like the original model or actor.
But it’s not just photos that use the editing program, but television and movies, as well, not to mention music videos (Britney Spears, anyone?).
Boggie is a multilingual, Hungarian pop and jazz star who released a solo album last year, and while she appears in the video for her single “Nouveau Parfum,” it’s Photoshop that is the real star of the video for better…or worse.
By the time the video ends, Boggie doesn’t even look like Boggie anymore.
- 6 tips to create the best family movie night
- New bone marrow procedure holds promise for healing pain
- The best places to celebrate Fall in Phoenix
- Infamous athletes who did the most time for their crimes
- 2016 baseball highlights, bloopers and blunders
- See how CFOs really feel about business in the Valley
- The best television shows on the internet
- A preseason guide to avoid holiday weight gain
- The 5 worst things you could do for your roof
- 6 coolest things brewing in Arizona
- The virus that keeps head and neck cancers on the rise
- State Fair ‘Kid Reporter’ has all the angles covered
- 4 important things to know about timeshare maintenance fees
- Signs of delayed car crash injuries
- The truth about sports concussions
- The Alzheimer's epidemic: Facts you need to know
- The season is here, keep your Fantasy Football team strong all season
- 8 TV shows you can't miss this fall
- Football is here: 6 tips to make this your best season ever
- Gameday recipes and beers to match
- 6 reasons the Cardinals are driven to win the Super Bowl
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America