There seems to be a huge surge in “anti-Photoshop” campaigns lately, from users all over the Internet posting “Before and After” photos and GIFs of celebrities and models who have been airbrushed and edited.
If used properly, Photoshop can be a great tool to highlight someone’s best features and yes, remove blemishes or even tattoos — who wouldn’t want to look his or her best in a wedding day photo, for example?
But when used to the extreme, Photoshop can be an instrumental tool in body shaming for both females and males, leading to “finished” results that don’t even look like the original model or actor.
But it’s not just photos that use the editing program, but television and movies, as well, not to mention music videos (Britney Spears, anyone?).
Boggie is a multilingual, Hungarian pop and jazz star who released a solo album last year, and while she appears in the video for her single “Nouveau Parfum,” it’s Photoshop that is the real star of the video for better…or worse.
By the time the video ends, Boggie doesn’t even look like Boggie anymore.
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Water tips to save money, help save the Earth
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon
- What you need to know about Alzheimer's disease in Arizona
- Spring clean your windows like a pro with these 8 tips
- 7 films that should have won best-picture Oscars
- New plumbing technology saves money and improves your home
- Survey shows Arizona CFOs optimistic about 2016
- How chronic pain can affect your love life
- 5 potential warning signs about your child's development