There seems to be a huge surge in “anti-Photoshop” campaigns lately, from users all over the Internet posting “Before and After” photos and GIFs of celebrities and models who have been airbrushed and edited.
If used properly, Photoshop can be a great tool to highlight someone’s best features and yes, remove blemishes or even tattoos — who wouldn’t want to look his or her best in a wedding day photo, for example?
But when used to the extreme, Photoshop can be an instrumental tool in body shaming for both females and males, leading to “finished” results that don’t even look like the original model or actor.
But it’s not just photos that use the editing program, but television and movies, as well, not to mention music videos (Britney Spears, anyone?).
Boggie is a multilingual, Hungarian pop and jazz star who released a solo album last year, and while she appears in the video for her single “Nouveau Parfum,” it’s Photoshop that is the real star of the video for better…or worse.
By the time the video ends, Boggie doesn’t even look like Boggie anymore.
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food