There seems to be a huge surge in “anti-Photoshop” campaigns lately, from users all over the Internet posting “Before and After” photos and GIFs of celebrities and models who have been airbrushed and edited.
If used properly, Photoshop can be a great tool to highlight someone’s best features and yes, remove blemishes or even tattoos — who wouldn’t want to look his or her best in a wedding day photo, for example?
But when used to the extreme, Photoshop can be an instrumental tool in body shaming for both females and males, leading to “finished” results that don’t even look like the original model or actor.
But it’s not just photos that use the editing program, but television and movies, as well, not to mention music videos (Britney Spears, anyone?).
Boggie is a multilingual, Hungarian pop and jazz star who released a solo album last year, and while she appears in the video for her single “Nouveau Parfum,” it’s Photoshop that is the real star of the video for better…or worse.
By the time the video ends, Boggie doesn’t even look like Boggie anymore.
- See how top CFOs feel about economic growth in the Valley
- Migraine myths that keep patients from effective treatments
- Here’s why Gaydos went tankless with his water heater
- 12 things to watch before the Oscars
- Bocce ball and basketball: How you can help Arizona's Special Olympics athletes
- Tips on building the best wine room in Arizona
- Avoid the nightmare: 6 tips to choose a great contractor
- Breast cancer: Improved testing and treatments means more survivors
- Best and worst of Super Bowl commercials
- Failed back surgery: New hope for patients living in pain
- Ticking time bombs: Telltale signs your water heater is about to explode
- Reading glasses could be a thing of the past
- 6 cool ways teachers are using technology in the classroom
- Emerging tech jobs in Phoenix and how to get one in 2017
- 4 top treatments athletes use for pain
- Emergency! What to do when bathrooms flood
- Operation Santa Claus needs holiday help
- This college bowl season is likely to be epic
- Arizona kids in crisis: How you can help
- 11 holiday classics for the ultimate movie marathon
- New treatment offers hope for migraine sufferers
- 11 stadiums to watch your favorite football team
- Shopping for a TV? Best models for 2016
- The new beer pairing guide for holiday foods
- Avoid this holiday plumbing disaster in your home
- 7 tips to avoid holiday weight gain
- New treatments mean better prostate cancer survival rates
- 5 of the scariest things found in drains
- 6 tips to create the best family movie night
- New bone marrow procedure holds promise for healing pain