Say what you want about Miley Cyrus’ music, but the Virginia Commonwealth University pep band knows how to rock out a tune!
According to the Huffington Post, at a Dec. 28, 2013 game against Boston College in New York City, the VCU pep band — “The Peppas” — broke out into a loud, passionate rendition of the hit song “Wrecking Ball” by Miley Cyrus.
The VCU Peppas are known for being entertaining, and the band played the song again at a Jan. 9 game against George Mason University. At that game, however, they added even more flair by bringing with them a banner of the giant space kitten that was projected behind Cyrus at the American Music Awards during her performance of the song.
If you're watching at home and wondering…they're yelling “meow” during the George Mason free throws. pic.twitter.com/MxImxxbPD9
— Matt Estreich (@MattNBC12) January 10, 2014
- 7 common ways to get sued by your employees
- Why it might be time to upgrade your toilet
- Arizona teachers are building a better future by using technology in the classroom
- How to make summer reading fun for the whole family
- How to find relief for chronic joint pain
- Can the NBA Lottery save the Suns?
- Skip Urgent Care: 5 ailments you can treat with telemedicine
- Skin Cancer in Arizona: Stats, facts and new immunotherapy drugs making strides
- Distracted walking injuries end up not so funny
- Scary situations: 5 quick tips before you let a contractor in your home
- Four ways telemedicine is changing the health care industry
- 5 mistakes homeowners make in the spring
- Three rivers run through it: Exploring Arizona's waterways
- Smart home basics: things you need to know to get started
- 5 Surprising things causing back pain
- Arizona agriculture is a $17.1B industry
- Timeline: Arizona's roots in brewing history
- 5 reasons to love the D-backs this season
- Tips for taking your home entertainment experience to the backyard
- Tech-related injuries your parents never experienced
- Workers comp: Signs your co-worker could be a fraud
- Who's the real founder of America's pastime?
- Epidemic rising? What you need to know about Alzheimer's in Arizona
- 5 unforgettable Wooden Award winners
- Family and hard work are keys to success of modern dairy farmers
- Genetic testing could hold answers for colon cancer survival
- Cold beers and baseball: A beer lover's guide to Spring Training
- Telecommuting: 5 tips to make it work for employers and employees
- See how top CFOs feel about economic growth in the Valley
- Migraine myths that keep patients from effective treatments