I know selfies are the thing to do now, but this is a little ridiculous.
According to KHON-TV, Ferdinand Puentes took a photo of himself after he survived a plane crash off the cost of Molokai, a small Hawaiian island, in December.
Puentes was on a Makani Air flight when the small plane’s engine failed. He captured the entire crash on his GoPro camera in addition to the selfie.
“It just bit into me like am I dreaming,” Puentes said.
After the crash, those on board were able to evacuate. They held on to the plane as long as they could before it slipped below the surface of the ocean.
The passengers were rescued about an hour later by the U.S. Coast Guard.
One person, the Hawaiian health official that verified President Barack Obama’s birth certificate during the birther controversy, was killed in the crash.
It is unknown what caused the plane’s engine to fail.
- The best places to celebrate Fall in Phoenix
- Infamous athletes who did the most time for their crimes
- 2016 baseball highlights, bloopers and blunders
- See how CFOs really feel about business in the Valley
- The best television shows on the internet
- A preseason guide to avoid holiday weight gain
- The 5 worst things you could do for your roof
- 6 coolest things brewing in Arizona
- The virus that keeps head and neck cancers on the rise
- State Fair ‘Kid Reporter’ has all the angles covered
- 4 important things to know about timeshare maintenance fees
- Signs of delayed car crash injuries
- The truth about sports concussions
- The Alzheimer's epidemic: Facts you need to know
- The season is here, keep your Fantasy Football team strong all season
- 8 TV shows you can't miss this fall
- Football is here: 6 tips to make this your best season ever
- Gameday recipes and beers to match
- 6 reasons the Cardinals are driven to win the Super Bowl
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier