I know selfies are the thing to do now, but this is a little ridiculous.
According to KHON-TV, Ferdinand Puentes took a photo of himself after he survived a plane crash off the cost of Molokai, a small Hawaiian island, in December.
Puentes was on a Makani Air flight when the small plane’s engine failed. He captured the entire crash on his GoPro camera in addition to the selfie.
“It just bit into me like am I dreaming,” Puentes said.
After the crash, those on board were able to evacuate. They held on to the plane as long as they could before it slipped below the surface of the ocean.
The passengers were rescued about an hour later by the U.S. Coast Guard.
One person, the Hawaiian health official that verified President Barack Obama’s birth certificate during the birther controversy, was killed in the crash.
It is unknown what caused the plane’s engine to fail.
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon