If taking three months to bike 700 miles across Antarctica has never sounded like an ideal vacation to you, don’t worry, you’re not alone.
But that appealed to one Utah man who, according to KSL-TV in Salt Lake City, is attempting to ride an ice bike to the South Pole.
Dan Burton, who owns a Utah biking store, started the trek in November 2013. He talks to his wife every day via satellite phone so she can update his blog. Burton told the TV station he’s suffered through -40 degree temperatures and rode through whiteouts while traveling 500 miles so far.
Burton has already broken the record for the most miles biked toward the South Pole, and he’ll have until Jan. 23 to reach his 700 mile goal, as that’s when the last plane leaves Antarctica for the season.
Imagine getting stranded in Antarctica — talk about a bad ending to a bad vacation.
- 6 tips to create the best family movie night
- New bone marrow procedure holds promise for healing pain
- The best places to celebrate Fall in Phoenix
- Infamous athletes who did the most time for their crimes
- Diet, exercise and aspirin: 3 tools to fight colon cancer
- 2016 baseball highlights, bloopers and blunders
- See how CFOs really feel about business in the Valley
- The best television shows on the internet
- A preseason guide to avoid holiday weight gain
- The 5 worst things you could do for your roof
- 6 coolest things brewing in Arizona
- The virus that keeps head and neck cancers on the rise
- State Fair ‘Kid Reporter’ has all the angles covered
- 4 important things to know about timeshare maintenance fees
- Signs of delayed car crash injuries
- The truth about sports concussions
- The Alzheimer's epidemic: Facts you need to know
- The season is here, keep your Fantasy Football team strong all season
- 8 TV shows you can't miss this fall
- Football is here: 6 tips to make this your best season ever
- Gameday recipes and beers to match
- 6 reasons the Cardinals are driven to win the Super Bowl
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns