This is the story that YOU wanted to hear us talk about! It received 45 percent of the vote in our Radioactive poll!
Should the U.S. Capitol be moved to Nebraska?
That’s what one Republican Senate hopeful jokingly says in a new campaign ad.
Ben Sasse, who has been the president at Midland University in Fremont, Neb., since 2010, is running for the being vacated by retiring GOP Sen. Mike Johanns.
“That’s it. The way to cure the incredible ineffectiveness and dysfunction of both parties in Washington? We move the Capitol to Nebraska and leave the lobbyists and influence peddlers behind. So Congress can experience family, conservative values and living within a budget,” Sasse says in a new campaign ad.
Sasse previously served as a Health and Human Services Department official in the Bush administration and is one of a handful of Tea Party candidates being backed by the Senate Conservatives Fund.
The ad made its debut during an NFL Wild Card game between the Indianapolis Colts and Kansas City Chiefs, and was scheduled to air during Monday’s BCS National Championship Game between Auburn and Florida State.
- 7 common ways to get sued by your employees
- Why it might be time to upgrade your toilet
- Arizona teachers are building a better future by using technology in the classroom
- How to make summer reading fun for the whole family
- How to find relief for chronic joint pain
- Can the NBA Lottery save the Suns?
- Skip Urgent Care: 5 ailments you can treat with telemedicine
- Skin Cancer in Arizona: Stats, facts and new immunotherapy drugs making strides
- Distracted walking injuries end up not so funny
- Scary situations: 5 quick tips before you let a contractor in your home
- Four ways telemedicine is changing the health care industry
- 5 mistakes homeowners make in the spring
- Three rivers run through it: Exploring Arizona's waterways
- Smart home basics: things you need to know to get started
- 5 Surprising things causing back pain
- Arizona agriculture is a $17.1B industry
- Timeline: Arizona's roots in brewing history
- 5 reasons to love the D-backs this season
- Tips for taking your home entertainment experience to the backyard
- Tech-related injuries your parents never experienced
- Workers comp: Signs your co-worker could be a fraud
- Who's the real founder of America's pastime?
- Epidemic rising? What you need to know about Alzheimer's in Arizona
- 5 unforgettable Wooden Award winners
- Family and hard work are keys to success of modern dairy farmers
- Genetic testing could hold answers for colon cancer survival
- Cold beers and baseball: A beer lover's guide to Spring Training
- Telecommuting: 5 tips to make it work for employers and employees
- See how top CFOs feel about economic growth in the Valley
- Migraine myths that keep patients from effective treatments
- Ducey faces pressure, backlash during fight to overhaul K-12 education
- Four months into office, Paul Penzone works to shake predecessor’s legacy
- Arizona Rep. Kyrsten Sinema: ‘It’s my job’ to attend Trump inauguration
- Arizona. Gov. Doug Ducey to push for teacher raises in upcoming months
- Gov. Doug Ducey: I approve of border wall ‘as long as it benefits Arizona’