This is the story that YOU wanted to hear us talk about! It received 45 percent of the vote in our Radioactive poll!
Should the U.S. Capitol be moved to Nebraska?
That’s what one Republican Senate hopeful jokingly says in a new campaign ad.
Ben Sasse, who has been the president at Midland University in Fremont, Neb., since 2010, is running for the being vacated by retiring GOP Sen. Mike Johanns.
“That’s it. The way to cure the incredible ineffectiveness and dysfunction of both parties in Washington? We move the Capitol to Nebraska and leave the lobbyists and influence peddlers behind. So Congress can experience family, conservative values and living within a budget,” Sasse says in a new campaign ad.
Sasse previously served as a Health and Human Services Department official in the Bush administration and is one of a handful of Tea Party candidates being backed by the Senate Conservatives Fund.
The ad made its debut during an NFL Wild Card game between the Indianapolis Colts and Kansas City Chiefs, and was scheduled to air during Monday’s BCS National Championship Game between Auburn and Florida State.
- Civil rights activist wants Phoenix-area NAACP boss to step down after incident
- Cindy McCain talks Syrians refugees’ plight, trafficking in Arizona
- Relive 2015 through the high and low moments of Mac & Gaydos
- Mac & Gaydos’ Caring for Kids nets thousands of donations for Child Crisis Arizona
- Former Phoenix Mayor Phil Gordon considers run against Sheriff Arpaio