Earlier this month the website plussizedmodeling.com posted a photo on their Facebook page asking if people would like to see companies to start making plus-sized barbie dolls.
As you can imagine, this has sparked a huge debate. More than 45,000 people have either liked, shared or commented on the photo.
Some dislike the double chin, others thinks it shows it’s OK to not have a model body.
Rob thinks it shows the difference between boys and girls. Boys toys don’t change the way they feel about themselves if Superman is muscular. He also thinks it’s just a toy.
Stacey (filling in for a vacationing Karie today) thinks it is a problem with how the toy looks. The double chin goes too far. She also doesn’t like the word “plus-sized” or “thick.” She thinks curvy would be a better word.
What do you think?
- Telecommuting: 5 tips to make it work for employers and employees
- See how top CFOs feel about economic growth in the Valley
- Migraine myths that keep patients from effective treatments
- Here’s why Gaydos went tankless with his water heater
- 12 things to watch before the Oscars
- Bocce ball and basketball: How you can help Arizona's Special Olympics athletes
- Tips on building the best wine room in Arizona
- Avoid the nightmare: 6 tips to choose a great contractor
- Breast cancer: Improved testing and treatments means more survivors
- Best and worst of Super Bowl commercials
- Failed back surgery: New hope for patients living in pain
- Ticking time bombs: Telltale signs your water heater is about to explode
- Reading glasses could be a thing of the past
- 6 cool ways teachers are using technology in the classroom
- Emerging tech jobs in Phoenix and how to get one in 2017
- 4 top treatments athletes use for pain
- Emergency! What to do when bathrooms flood
- Operation Santa Claus needs holiday help
- This college bowl season is likely to be epic
- Arizona kids in crisis: How you can help
- 11 holiday classics for the ultimate movie marathon
- New treatment offers hope for migraine sufferers
- 11 stadiums to watch your favorite football team
- Shopping for a TV? Best models for 2016
- The new beer pairing guide for holiday foods
- Avoid this holiday plumbing disaster in your home
- 7 tips to avoid holiday weight gain
- New treatments mean better prostate cancer survival rates
- 5 of the scariest things found in drains
- 6 tips to create the best family movie night