The holidays can be a difficult time of year, particularly for those who have lost a loved one.
According to the Huffington Post, David Schmitz is one of those people who have a tough time around the holidays. His wife, Brenda, passed away in 2011 of ovarian cancer.
But unknown to David, Brenda had more planned for her family after she passed.
She had given a letter to an anonymous friend that was to be sent to David after he had finished grieving and moved on. David, who was recently engaged, was not ready for what came next.
That anonymous friend sent Brenda’s letter to KSTZ, a Des Moines radio station that has been granting Christmas wishes for over 20 years. The station read Brenda’s letter to David and gave him another letter for his fiancee, likely to thank her for raising her four boys.
However, that wasn’t the end of the giving. You’ll have to watch the full video to find out what else happened.
I’m going to warn you right now to get the tissue ready. It’s a tearjerker.
- Telecommuting: 5 tips to make it work for employers and employees
- See how top CFOs feel about economic growth in the Valley
- Migraine myths that keep patients from effective treatments
- Here’s why Gaydos went tankless with his water heater
- 12 things to watch before the Oscars
- Bocce ball and basketball: How you can help Arizona's Special Olympics athletes
- Tips on building the best wine room in Arizona
- Avoid the nightmare: 6 tips to choose a great contractor
- Breast cancer: Improved testing and treatments means more survivors
- Best and worst of Super Bowl commercials
- Failed back surgery: New hope for patients living in pain
- Ticking time bombs: Telltale signs your water heater is about to explode
- Reading glasses could be a thing of the past
- 6 cool ways teachers are using technology in the classroom
- Emerging tech jobs in Phoenix and how to get one in 2017
- 4 top treatments athletes use for pain
- Emergency! What to do when bathrooms flood
- Operation Santa Claus needs holiday help
- This college bowl season is likely to be epic
- Arizona kids in crisis: How you can help
- 11 holiday classics for the ultimate movie marathon
- New treatment offers hope for migraine sufferers
- 11 stadiums to watch your favorite football team
- Shopping for a TV? Best models for 2016
- The new beer pairing guide for holiday foods
- Avoid this holiday plumbing disaster in your home
- 7 tips to avoid holiday weight gain
- New treatments mean better prostate cancer survival rates
- 5 of the scariest things found in drains
- 6 tips to create the best family movie night