The holidays can be a difficult time of year, particularly for those who have lost a loved one.
According to the Huffington Post, David Schmitz is one of those people who have a tough time around the holidays. His wife, Brenda, passed away in 2011 of ovarian cancer.
But unknown to David, Brenda had more planned for her family after she passed.
She had given a letter to an anonymous friend that was to be sent to David after he had finished grieving and moved on. David, who was recently engaged, was not ready for what came next.
That anonymous friend sent Brenda’s letter to KSTZ, a Des Moines radio station that has been granting Christmas wishes for over 20 years. The station read Brenda’s letter to David and gave him another letter for his fiancee, likely to thank her for raising her four boys.
However, that wasn’t the end of the giving. You’ll have to watch the full video to find out what else happened.
I’m going to warn you right now to get the tissue ready. It’s a tearjerker.
- The 5 worst things you could do for your roof
- 6 coolest things brewing in Arizona
- The virus that keeps head and neck cancers on the rise
- State Fair ‘Kid Reporter’ has all the angles covered
- 4 important things to know about timeshare maintenance fees
- Signs of delayed car crash injuries
- The truth about sports concussions
- The Alzheimer's epidemic: Facts you need to know
- The season is here, keep your Fantasy Football team strong all season
- 8 TV shows you can't miss this fall
- Football is here: 6 tips to make this your best season ever
- Gameday recipes and beers to match
- 6 reasons the Cardinals are driven to win the Super Bowl
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.