A billboard in Coimbatore, India originally erected to commemorate the legacy of the late Nelson Mandela instead featured the actor who depicted him four years ago in Invictus.
As pointed out by the India Times, the billboard — which also showed Mother Teresa, Mahatma Gandhi and Martin Luther King Jr. — read, “We should be proud that we were part of an era when they lived” in Tamil lettering.
Though the confusion over his appearance may suggest otherwise, Mandela was greatly beloved in the nation, which declared five days of national mourning following his death. India’s leaders also called the former South African president “a true Gandhian” and “a great friend” of the nation.
According to the Times’ report, the owner of the billboard intends to correct the error, which he blamed on the sign’s designer.
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon