It’s not quite “Caturday” yet, but this music video by Purina Friskies will start your weekend off right.
Arizona’s own Grumpy Cat appears in “Hard to be a Cat at Christmas,” along with four other internet cats: Nala Cat, Oskar the Blind Cat, Hamilton the Hipster Cat and Colonel Meow, a Guinness World Record holder for Longest Cat Hair.
With the aid of a catchy (downloadable!) track, the five cats “sing” about how rough it is to be served only dry food at Christmastime, when everyone else around you is eating yummy turkey and potatoes and opening presents that are not for you.
But even the cats know that gifts aren’t everything.
“Sometimes, the can is more important than the toy,” Grumpy Cat sings, after referencing all the cats in shelters this holiday season who don’t have enough to eat, which is why these five cats came together in the first place.
For every view on YouTube the music video gets — up to 500,000 views — Purina Friskies will donate one can of wet cat food to animal rescue organizations across the country.
With over 1 million views in less than three days, Friskies has already met that goal, making this Christmas a little less hard for shelter cats everywhere.
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Water tips to save money, help save the Earth
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon
- What you need to know about Alzheimer's disease in Arizona
- Spring clean your windows like a pro with these 8 tips
- 7 films that should have won best-picture Oscars
- New plumbing technology saves money and improves your home
- Survey shows Arizona CFOs optimistic about 2016
- How chronic pain can affect your love life
- 5 potential warning signs about your child's development