Will someone please go tell Japan it’s not Halloween anymore?
This Autoway Tire commercial made me audibly scream, drop my headphones and walk away from my desk. It is most definitely not for the faint of heart.
No, seriously. The ad even comes with that very disclaimer before it even starts, along with “We shall not be liable for any injuries, illness and damages claimed to be caused by watching the contents.”
Without giving too much away, the premise is essentially from the p.o.v. of passengers in a car — you see what they see through the windshield. It’s also nighttime and it’s snowing.
Oh, and the road is haunted.
The tactic is actually called “scarevertising,” and the company employs it to show that its tires perform in extreme or dangerous conditions.
What do you think: Is “scarevertising” a clever ploy?
- Peak your palate with gameday recipes and beers to match
- 6 reasons the Cardinals are driven to win the Super Bowl
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again