You know, we all make mistakes.
But rarely do we post them online and then declare we’ve been hacked (unless we’re Amy’s Baking Company).
An ad for McCutcheon & Hamner, an Alabama-based law firm, is drawing a lot of criticism. The ad shows a white man playing a highly-stereotypical Asian person asking for a lawyer, fake squint-eyed sunglasses included.
It’s bad. It’s tasteless. It’s racist. And, according to TIME, the guy who starred in the commercial, Jim DeBerry, is defending it.
In several replies on Twitter, DeBerry said he isn’t racist and is a “top minority employer.” Because that makes everything better.
The video was posted to the firm’s YouTube page but then taken down after the firm claimed it was hacked.
The video is still available on the production company’s YouTube page.
- The virus that keeps head and neck cancers on the rise
- State Fair ‘Kid Reporter’ has all the angles covered
- 4 important things to know about timeshare maintenance fees
- Signs of delayed car crash injuries
- The truth about sports concussions
- The Alzheimer's epidemic: Facts you need to know
- The season is here, keep your Fantasy Football team strong all season
- 8 TV shows you can't miss this fall
- Football is here: 6 tips to make this your best season ever
- Gameday recipes and beers to match
- 6 reasons the Cardinals are driven to win the Super Bowl
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas